Another Great Day at WISP
3 posts
3 users
bassfish
January 25, 2005
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
13 posts
Hey Folks, I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago when I was looking for some news about area resorts. I have to say its a great site! Lots of info and a great user base you guys rock.
Anyway I've been in the northern Virginia area for about 2.5 years now and have ever since been trying to chase powder up in the hills of VA, W.VA, MD, & PA. My most recent chase took me to WISP on Monday 1-24-05, where the resort was at 95% open minus the half-pipe and the Ford Terrain park (for about half the day). They had there snow guns running on the half-pipe getting ready to cut a fresh new pipe so I will let that one slide. Overall the mountain was in great shape after this weekends snowfall, mostly packed/groomed powder with a few patches of powder still here and there. I hit a few small patches of ice towards the end of the day but nothing major. They did have the rails out but you could only hit one per run because of the silly way had them in the snow, don't ask me why they didn't put them all in a line so you can hit them all in the same run?
It looks like the weather may take a turn for the worse with some warmer temps this coming week so its going to be a couple days before I get back to the slops. I'm planning on taking another midweek trip to WISP soon as the weather gets its act together maybe a Wednesday since they give you a great break on the lift ticket price =)

Again its great to be here see ya next run!

-bass
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 25, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,991 posts
Welcome aboard Bassfish. Midweek is the way to go--that's why I switched my flex day from Fiday to Monday...
RobertW
January 25, 2005
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
I hope you said hello to my parents as they were there today...They were the two extremely senior citizens skiing better than about 90% of the people there!

Midweeks rule. About the only place I can stand on weekends is Laurel with its tiny crowds.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.