CV/Timberline for MLK Day??
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
David
January 13, 2005
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I know that there is cold weather in the forcast for the next few days leading up to MLK Day but is too much damage already done to have an enjoyable time at either Canaan or Timberline?? What slopes (if any) will even be open. I know Canaan is reporting 5 slopes open now, but could it get worse before Monday??
James_Gorman
January 13, 2005
Member since 01/10/2005 🔗
12 posts
I was there on New Years weekend. It was still acceptible but I had the kids so no agressive skiing - had to keep up with my 5 year old, but I am going up on Monday for the day. That gives them tonight, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get it in shape for me

I think that they will at least make it as acceptible as possible. If any one is up there this weekend - please post a "real" conditions check.

Thanks!
warren
January 13, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
I also would be interested in the "real" conditions there. I have a trip planned much later (2/18 - 2/21) but given this crazy weather pattern , I'd love to get a first hand of what's going on (or not ) there!

-Warren-
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 14, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I was there last weekend and the conditions were ok accept for a bare spot on White Lightning, which I hope was patched.

I received a call yesterday morning from a local resident and she reported additional bare spots. She also complained that the Timberline Snow report is innacurate and misleading--this has been a problem throughout the season. Until Timberline gets a more reliable person to update their snow reports--someone who actually tests the merchandise daily, the DCSki forum will be the best place to get information on the situation there.

Joe Stevens at Snowshoe, by comparison, snowboards his slopes nearly every day before updating his report and the Snow News is Good News. He's quick to tell people of the bad and the good. That's the professional approach and the approach T-line should take.
warren
January 14, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
John,
The inaccurate snow report for TL has been a problem for as long as I can remember! They either don't update it at all or it is so divorced from reality it isn't funny

-Warren-

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.