Childrens Ski instructor at Timberline
6 posts
3 users
tgd
January 12, 2005
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
My daughter is 3 1/2 years old and is learning to ski. She actually skied quite a bit last year - but always being held by me or my wife. This year, we signed her up for a couple 1 hour private lessons at Timberline and she is now skiing top-to-bottom on Salamander on her own! We are heading back up to Timberline in a couple weeks and I am looking for any recommendations for good childrens' ski instructors there.
Rickh
January 12, 2005
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
I had a five year old last year that could only ski next to me (side by side) while holding my poles. I dropped him off with Janet or Janice (not sure) Sheppard. She had him skiing Salamander on his own within two hours, and he's never looked back.
Now I have trouble keeping him off the blacks!!!

When I try to put him in ski school at some other resort he only will go if Ms. Janet is the instructor. Best money I ever spent!!!
The problem with Tlines ski school is, you cannot call up and reserve a slot. It's first come first serve.

Good luck you'll like her, and more importantly so will your daughter.
tgd
January 12, 2005
585 posts
Rickh: Thanks. I believe Janice was the first instructor my daughter had - and she really did do a good job with her. I will definately use her again, I just wanted to get some other names for precisely the reason you mentioned - Timberline will not take advanced reservations. I had to get down to the ski school at 7:30AM both days over the holiday week and stand in line to get her a lesson! I wasn't able to get Janice the second day because she was already booked for the day - apparently people were there signing up for lessons at 7AM! Thanks for the reply.
canaanman
January 23, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Quote:

I had a five year old last year that could only ski next to me (side by side) while holding my poles. I dropped him off with Janet or Janice (not sure) Sheppard. She had him skiing Salamander on his own within two hours, and he's never looked back.
Now I have trouble keeping him off the blacks!!!

When I try to put him in ski school at some other resort he only will go if Ms. Janet is the instructor. Best money I ever spent!!!
The problem with Tlines ski school is, you cannot call up and reserve a slot. It's first come first serve.

Good luck you'll like her, and more importantly so will your daughter.

This post is stapled to a bulletin board just outside of the Ski School desk. Just you know.. fyi. (They are reading our comments)
Rickh
January 24, 2005
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
Good. Hopefully they will change there practices and allow people to call and book ski school. Having to get up and stand in line for a class that is hours away is stupid.

TLine if you are reading this, I'm there the weekend of Feb 10th - 13th. Can I call ahead???
tgd
January 26, 2005
585 posts
Quote:

TLine if you are reading this, I'm there the weekend of Feb 10th - 13th. Can I call ahead???

HERE! HERE!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?