4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
James_Gorman
January 12, 2005
Member since 01/10/2005 🔗
12 posts
All,
Here is an interesting question for you. I have a 2 year old XPORT (Performance Bike Shops Brand) 3 bike hitch mount bike rack. I am looking for the Ski attachment for it but Performance stopped making it last season. So I am out. I have looked at Thule and Yakima but they seem to be quite proprietary and I am not looking to spend another $150+ for a new bike rack. I am looking to put this on my Sebring Convertible so a roof rack is out of the question. I have been using the window mounted Barrecrafters ski racks but my girlfriend's son just got his first snowboard - Do not try bunji cording it onto the window mounts - snowboards catch wind if you know what I mean.

So any of you out there have any pointers to a generic bike rack mounting system?

James
tgd
January 12, 2005
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
James: Yakima claims their Powderhorn hitch mount is compatible with any dual mast hitch racks. Their website is really useful and has some detailed photos and instructions for installing the rack. You might be able to tell from this information if it is compatible with your Performance mount. It retails for under $150. Also, you can always monitor eBay to see if a used xSport ski attachment comes available.
Roy
January 13, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Did you check ebay?
James_Gorman
January 13, 2005
Member since 01/10/2005 🔗
12 posts
Got a watch on anything that comes up but nothing yet. I will post a solution if I find one.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?