Done Deal
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 11, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I can't take it any more. Not only is it the year without a winter, I have not been invited to any of the Inaugural events with the rest of the movers and shakers in this, the world's most powerful city. I'm going to dry my tears and console myself by going to Utah and skiing some powder. Next week has both the MLK holiday and the Inaugural; I can't believe that much is going to get done around here. I'll be recognizable in the usual way; telemarking with green plaid swatch flying from a pole strap, pole shafts wrapped in red & white Mad River Glen bumper stickers, and a fondness for Alta's steep, deep and ungroomed terrain. Thought I had a free tic on SW; don't but I booked it anyway, 15th - 22nd. Join me if you can.
JohnL
January 11, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Will the last person out please shut the door and turn off the lights?
warren
January 11, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
John,
I'd love to go as well but it's not gonna happen for me I'm trying to talk my wife into a family trip there next season (let's hope for anything close to this season!)

-Warren-
SkiBumMSP
January 11, 2005
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Would be nice, but I don't get MLK nor the Inaugration day off. Also, I am already booked to go to Brekenridge in Feb anyway, so hopefully the conditions there will be nice.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.