8 posts
7 users
1k+ views
tomimcmillar
January 10, 2005
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
Hey All,

Looks like my Tahoe trip is coming together for early March. YAY!

Trying to figure out travel logistics, does anyone have a rough idea for BWI's long term parking cost? Friday thru Weds, 6 days.

Difference in fares between Harrisburg and BWI looks about 100 dolleroes'....but might be a wash when the commute to the airport and parking is figured in. BWI is a two hour drive vs 1/2 hour to Harrisburg.

Thanks,
T
JohnL
January 10, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,558 posts
IIRC, last winter the satellite lots at BWI were $7 a day. The closer in satellite parking garage was $9 a day. (I can't remember what the respective lot colors are.) There is also a satellite lot, Gold lot?, which is a 15+ minute bus ride away. I swear it's in the next town. It may be cheaper than the main satellite lots. The garage across from the terminal is $$$$$.

Since I'm flying out of BWI this Saturday, I'd be curious if anyone has an update on the rates.

By comparison, Dulles was $9 a day last winter for the satellite lots.
snowshoe
January 10, 2005
Member since 12/14/2004 🔗
9 posts
One thing I have done in the past is stay at one of the hotels around BWI the night before I leave. Most of them let you leave your car with them and have a free shuttle service to the airport. It might cost a little more depending on how long your going to be away and what kind of deal you can find but its nice not to have to rush to the airport and some of them have free grub in the morning.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,344 posts
Quote:

There is also a satellite lot, Gold lot?, which is a 15+ minute bus ride away. I swear it's in the next town.

The Gold lot is in Harrisburg
Roy
January 11, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Terminal Parking is $30/day (may have been reduced to $25/day)
Daily A and B are $9/day
ESP lots are $13/day

These lots are the best for getting to the terminal fast. ESP is further than Daily A and B but have more buses running to get you to the terminal faster.
gatkinso
January 11, 2005
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
These guys are cheaper and closer than the Gold lot. Plus they have shuttles every 5 minutes.

http://www.longtermparking.com/index.html
James_Gorman
January 11, 2005
Member since 01/10/2005 🔗
12 posts
I like 1800 Blue Van - Door to door service for less than $20.
Better than parking.
gatkinso
January 11, 2005
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
Blue Van has left me high and dry three times... there will not be a fourth.

Atleast they called me a cab two of those times.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?