Tubing park at Whitetail
5 posts
2 users
1k+ views
PhysicsMan
August 24, 2002
Member since 11/20/2001 🔗
218 posts
Anybody know where this is going to be located? I can't find any info about this on their website.

Tom / PM

Scott - DCSki Editor
September 14, 2002
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
The new tubing park at Whitetail will be located on the right lower side of the mountain -- the tubing lodge is about where bus parking has been in the past, over by some of the snowmaking/grooming maintenance buildings.
PhysicsMan
September 15, 2002
Member since 11/20/2001 🔗
218 posts
Thanks. Interesting.

Does this leave untouched the parking lot closest to the trail on which you return from the base of the expert area to the main base? The reason I ask is that it was often possible to find very close-in parking in that lot, hike up the little hill, and ski down to the main base area.

Scott - DCSki Editor
September 15, 2002
1,249 posts
That's where I usually park, too -- a little Whitetail "secret."

That parking should still be there, although I'm not 100% sure. I believe the tubing area is further away -- the bus parking and maintenance buildings are pretty far out. The tubing runs were probably cut into the mountain to the right of the trail (as you face the mountain) that goes between the bottom of the three expert's and the base area.

Of course, it's possible all the tubers will park in our secret spot now. (Well, probably not -- I'm sure there's plenty of parking closer to the tubing area.)

- Scott

Scott - DCSki Editor
November 13, 2002
1,249 posts
I just updated DCSki's resort profile for Whitetail for the 2002-2003 season, and have an updated trail map that shows the location of the tubing park. You can view the trail map by scrolling down on the Whitetail profile page:

http://www.dcski.com/resorts/whitetail/

As we suspected, the tubing park is on the far right side of the resort -- a bit of a hike from the main lodge, but the tubing park has its own lodge and parking area.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.