DCSki pins have arrived!
2 posts
2 users
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 19, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi folks!

The DCSki lapel pins have arrived, and you may have already spotted a DCSki Columnist wearing one at a local resort.

Here's an actual photo of one (although it's difficult to photograph them in the right light):

The pins came out quite well. As we discussed earlier, pins will be provided as a gift to "DCSki Supporters." To become a DCSki Supporter, you can donate money to DCSki here, or by clicking the new "Support DCSki" option in the main menu. You can donate any amount you feel appropriate, but to receive a pin, your donation must be at least $20. There are some additional benefits for DCSki Supporters -- for example, a "DCSki Supporter" icon will show up by your name in the Message Forums.

If you'd like to receive more than one pin, I decided to offer additional pins for additional donation amounts of $10. For example, if you donate $30, you can request two pins. If that doesn't seem fair, let me know.

I'm grateful for any amount you can donate, but I'm not here to beg for money. I invest a lot of time and money in DCSki because I enjoy it, and advertisers also help support the site and make it possible. If you enjoy the site and would like to contribute money, you now have that option.

I also understand that not everyone has disposable income. If you cannot afford to donate $20 but would still like a DCSki lapel pin, please send me an e-mail, and I'll see what I can do. (I can't give everyone a free pin, but if you have been a long-time reader of DCSki and have actively participated in the DCSki Message Forum, I'd be happy to send you a pin if you promise to wear it proudly. )

Thanks!

- Scott
ski_guy_59
December 20, 2004
Member since 11/9/2001 🔗
221 posts
Scott,
It's obvious you've put a great deal of thought into this. I think it sounds like a great idea. The pins look exactly like the proof! (I guess that's why it's called a proof...)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.