December 15, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
is their opening day...
jimboc
December 16, 2004
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
they also just released that they will have at least 1 trail open off the high speed quad...
KevR
December 16, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
My experience is they start off with Angel Drop and probably Limelight (possibly cut down to 'half trail') in Dec. They may put snow down on the blacks but they delay their opening a bit. The big green slope has to be open and the bunnies. anyway, it changes a bit every year but it seems like Jan they start to put everything else up. I suppose it depends on a variety of factors -- but also crowds which tends to be a little sparse until after x-mas.
SO if you go up and think you can enjoy 4 hrs of going up and down the same trail, I'd say go for it -- although repetive, if you take the non-stop ski from trail to lift attitude, you can really get in a lot of skiing and be home in time to wrap packages, make egg nog and practice your carroling.
skidmo
December 16, 2004
Member since 10/10/2003 🔗
32 posts
According to the website, the following trails will be open.
Upper Northern Lights, Almost Home, Velvet, Snowpark, Stalker, Upper and Lower Angel Drop, and several rails in Jib Junction
kennedy
December 16, 2004
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I'm heading up Sunday, maybe in the morning depending on the after effects of the holiday party. If anyone else is up there I'm wearing black 686 pants a tan jacket with blue shoulders and a white stripe, blue Oakley gog's (unless the suns out)and I'll probably have my Ride board with a Yellow base, the top sheet has a big angry looking yellow fish on it. Say hi if you see me.
jimboc
December 17, 2004
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
i hope they get one more nite of snowmakiing in.....that lower part of angel drop, that they are planning on opening tomorrow, continutes to have bare/mud spots / ground melt coming through......
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 17, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Yeah, it looks like there's some spots that need filling in. It should get down into the 20's tonight, so they should be able to fire up the snowguns again before tomorrow. Also, they haven't done any grooming yet -- they'll be able to patch things up when they groom the slopes. Temperatures look great over the next week, so there will be lots of opportunities to make more snow.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.