Skiing in the Andes
1 post
1 user
1k+ views
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
May 1, 2002
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,987 posts
David Owens grew up riding at Wintergreen, VA. He now owns a cool tour outfit called Powderquest. Powderquest runs backcountry skiing/snowboarding tours of South America.

The Summer season in the Andes promises to be good because of El Nino (I know we've all heard that one before, but hey, it might work this year). :-)

Most of David's tours hit a few big resorts and a few small resorts, national parks, or wilderness areas. Dave's emphasis is on off-piste, whether the tour is at a major resort or a national park. In short, these tours are really only suitable for advanced skiers with some off-piste experience.

David also wants his clients to experience some local culture, which for him, along with the POW, constitutes part of the mystery and soul of South American skiing.

For more info, contact David at:

David Owen
PowderQuest Tours
www.powderquest.com
info@powderquest.com
1-888-565-7158

DISCLAIMER: I've never taken one of Davids tours but hope to do so at one point in life. :-) The dream of chasing endless winter for me this year, is alas, but a dream.

PPS For those willing to wait, the Pentagon Ski Club may do a Portillo tour next year. I may go on that one if I can save the bucks!!!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.