Connie Lawn on Kojo Nnamdi on the 16th
7 posts
5 users
1k+ views
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 11, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,991 posts
FYI: DC Columnist Connie Lawn will appear on WAMU's Kojo Nnamdi Show on Thursday, December 16th, at 1:30 pm. She will be talking about local skiing. You can listen to this show on 88.5 FM or on the Internet:

http://www.wamu.org/programs/kn/04/12/16.php

I encourage DCSki forum members to call in and ask questions, 1-800-433-8850.
tromano
December 11, 2004
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Awesome! This deserves a big ole' bump. Kojo is one of the best radio shows that I have found. I alway listen at work.

Will they be talking about skiing or other topics? She is also working on other projects I assume. Rock on DCSki!
December 11, 2004
1,991 posts
Quote:

Awesome! This deserves a big ole' bump. Kojo is one of the best radio shows that I have found. I alway listen at work.

Will they be talking about skiing or other topics? She is also working on other projects I assume. Rock on DCSki!

She sold Kojo on the idea of devoting an hour to local skiing last year, and it must have been popular because he's doing it again this year. Connie usually mentions DCSki in the show. She's got a great radio personality and is a lot of fun to listen to.

It's important for people to call in and light up those phones so Kojo will continue devoting an hour each year to local skiing.
Crush
December 11, 2004
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,274 posts
LOL I called in last time and he totally dis'd me on the air but my friend Bernardine heard me and called and said "hey were you just on NPR LOL my fav ski bum!" ... oh well Connie I'll call in again ... tee hee I'll do anything for you ;-). And guys she looks sooooooo fine in a clingy back dress like at the now-defunt WSI awards dinner ... ohhh yeah! Connie-hun .. don't be turning all red you know you are all that! Straight from the dog, D-O-G !!!
RodSmith
December 11, 2004
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
I caught a replay of last year's show one evening driving to Whitetail. Very good show, she is very enthusiastic about our local skiing. It made me feel good to hear positive opinions on our less than world class conditions and terrain. Many skiers in this area ski 5 days a year on vacation and laugh at those of us who ski locally. I telemark and I'm not going to be able to do that for 5 days straight without many day trips in my legs. In addition to the physical conditioning and skill development, the skiing is often good and always fun.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
December 11, 2004
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,344 posts
When is this show on and what station? I have not heard of it.
December 11, 2004
1,991 posts
Quote:

When is this show on and what station? I have not heard of it.

You can listen to this show on 88.5 FM on 16 December at 1:30 pm or on the internet,

You can listen to this show on 88.5 FM or on the Internet:

http://www.wamu.org/programs/kn/04/12/16.php

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?