Parking at Snowshoe
9 posts
6 users
1k+ views
rmcva
December 7, 2004
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts
I usually only go to SS once some challenging tails open but I'm thinking of making an early trip. I usually park at Top of the Mountain or Silver Creek. Since TOTM doesn't have any connecting trails yet, any recommendations where I could park on a day trip close to the open trails?
JR
December 7, 2004
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
I usually park right across the street from the Brigham Center. Its usually for guests only but when they don't have connectors open from TOTW they usually let you park there. If not, you may have to catch a bus from TOTW.
TOMF
December 8, 2004
Member since 11/17/2003 🔗
60 posts
JR is right. When I was at SS last Saturday there were no trails open at TOTW. I drove down to the big parking lot across from the Brigham Center and parked there. As JR said, when there is skiing at TOTW, the lot across from the Brigham Center is reserved for overnight guests.

Tom
snowcone
December 8, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
According to Snowshoe's 'Whats New' page ...

Mountaintop Walking Trail
Connecting the Top of the World to the Village and on to Camp Four, Snowshoe now features a lighted, paved walking trail to make getting around the resort easy.

Would that help you?
rmcva
December 8, 2004
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts
Thanks everyone.
Roy
December 9, 2004
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I'm not so sure I'd want to walk a trail from TOTW with the typical wind conditions they can get up there.
DWW
December 9, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
144 posts
Basically you either 1) park at TOTW and shuttle down to Shavers Center, 2) park at Silver Creek and shuttle up (or stay there and ski), 3) You may be able to pay to park at Mountain Lodge and avoid the shuttleing.

Since the parking and check-in is now focused at TOTW, they will be hammering the flume with manmade and getting it up asap. Would not be surpised if they get the upper and mid flumes open this weekend.
JR
December 9, 2004
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
There really wouldn't be any reason to open Flume without opening Hootenanny since there wouldn't be a way to get back to your car without it.

Snowshoe just put up a new interactive trail map on their website with descriptions for each trail. Its pretty neat so check it out.
DWW
December 9, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
144 posts
That's true - maybe they will have them both open this weekend - let's hope for the first real dump on Saturday.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?