Are you addicted to Skiing?
9 posts
7 users
1k+ views
swoop
6 months ago
Member since 11/30/2017 🔗
64 posts

From SnowBrains, rate yourself on your reply...here's mine.

#9 You have an app for everything snow-related.  No, none yet...

#8 You’re constantly thinking and talking about skiing and snowboarding year-round. Yes, absolutely, but what's wrong with that?

#7 You notice a distant mountain and think, “I could shred that,” then plan your line. Yes, who doesn't? especially electric line easements.

#6 Your social media feed is all skiing and snowboarding.   Ah, not much into SM, but if it is it is Skiing yes.

#5 You hate summer.  No, I like Summer, really like Fall, but damn we get inpatient for winter eh?

#4 You’re obsessed with gear.  Not yet obsessed, but on my way.  I have 3 primary pair in my quiver and one pair of rock skis, 2 pair of boots, that's not obsessive right?  Shoot, I don't even have touring gear yet.

#3 Your primary reason for exercise is to be in shape to ride the mountain. Yes, you figured me out!  Time to start that...

#2 The cost doesn’t bother you.  I'd be lying if I said no, but I figure every dollar I spend on skiing is a dollar I won't spend on medical bills, so its a break even proposition and damned fun!

#1 You go on at least one ski trip a year.  Oh hell yes, I don't think you can consider being addicted without at least 2 trips, what's your number?

ZARDOG
6 months ago
Member since 10/25/2020 🔗
177 posts

Most likely addicted but shrink-approved. For me needed an energy drain and a technical challenge.  

#9 You have an app for everything snow-related.  just a Ski tracker, and Epic.

#8 You’re constantly thinking and talking about skiing and snowboarding year-round.   Aug through May.

#7 You notice a distant mountain and think, “I could shred that,” then plan your line. our hills are 1000 ft or less.

#6 Your social media feed is all skiing and snowboarding.   yes I have X, FB, a Blog, and a Web 

twitter.com

facebook.com

skidomeorg.blogspot.com

skidome.org

#5 You hate summer.  goldilocks Temps 22 in the winter 75 in the summer

#4 You’re obsessed with gear.  Cheap but functional. Jacket boots last 6 years. Have  3 quivers (rock ski, Crud ski, and the "Goldilocks" Skis 

#3 Your primary reason for exercise is to be in shape to ride the mountain. no just part of the mix. I could do sit stands at home for the same effect.  Once efficient all good.  

#2 The cost doesn’t bother you.   nope at 25$ a  visit in my budget not an issue

#1 You go on at least one ski trip a year.   I trip weekly mid-week with no crowds. 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
6 months ago (edited 6 months ago)
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,250 posts

#9 You have an app for everything snow-related.  OpenSnow, Ikon, will use a resort app to see what's in it but don't track with any app

#8 You’re constantly thinking and talking about skiing and snowboarding year-round. That's part of being a "ski nut," isn't it?

#7 You notice a distant mountain and think, “I could shred that,” then plan your line.  No.

#6 Your social media feed is all skiing and snowboarding.   Not involved with typical social media, talk about skiing on ski forums or with friends privately

#5 You hate summer.  Much prefer Spring or Fall to Summer, but I live in North Carolina and it's pretty hot in June-September.  Can't wait for it to be cold enough for snowmaking at Massanutten to start, preferably in November.

#4 You’re obsessed with gear.  No.  Happy with the all-mountain skis I demo'd and bought at Taos five years ago.  That's not to say I only own one pair of skis though. ;-)

#3 Your primary reason for exercise is to be in shape to ride the mountain. Oh yes!  Especially for 1-leg balance and hip flexibility.

#2 The cost doesn’t bother you.  Lucky money for skiing is not an issue.  Married well, even if he isn't a skier.  Lucked out by having a 15-year career at a startup that went public successfully in the early 1990s.

#1 You go on at least one ski trip a year.  Usually four trips out west with ski buddies these days, starting with Wolf Creek in December and ending with Alta in April.  Husband knows he'll be on his own for about half of the winter months.

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
6 months ago
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
#7 You notice a distant mountain and think, “I could shred that,” then plan your line.

I have that one.  I call it ‘Line Disease’.  It can happen any time, anywhere.
snapdragon
6 months ago
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts
as a self sponsored semi-pro riding 30-50 days a season down the lofty white tline grand of vert since 1985 i must concede i am
Crush
6 months ago
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Clearly! 'nuff said -  This does not include my Hart F-17's they are in our ski locker.

1698242521_ruaarnqhylzc.jpg

snapdragon
6 months ago
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts
sweet quiver
Crush
6 months ago
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Ha!

here are the missing pair - 

1698437586_xajipjxivfzv.jpg

snapdragon wrote:

sweet quiver
JimK - DCSki Columnist
6 months ago (edited 6 months ago)
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,967 posts

#9 You have an app for everything snow-related.  No, techno-caveman

#8 You’re constantly thinking and talking about skiing and snowboarding year-round. Yes

#7 You notice a distant mountain and think, “I could shred that,” then plan your line. Yes, lots of this can be done on drives through WV, PA and Western MD.

#6 Your social media feed is all skiing and snowboarding.   .No, online ski talk reserved for ski forums

#5 You hate summer.  No, I like Summer almost as much as winter.  I sprained my shoulder skiing this winter.  First thought was "when can I get back on the slopes", fortunately it was six days later.  Second thought was "hope this doesn't mess up my golf swing for summer", fortunately my golf game sucked about the same as always.

#4 You’re obsessed with gear.  Not much of a ski gear hog, but probably could be if wife didn't keep me in check.  Plus, I get to poach some of my son's ski stuff.

#3 Your primary reason for exercise is to be in shape to ride the mountain. Yep.  I ride an old beater hybrid bike a lot in the off-season.  Seems to help leg strength without messing up my knees.

#2 The cost doesn’t bother you.  I play golf in warm months, about once a week.  But do it far more cheaply than skiing because I mostly stick to very cheap public course near me ($15 for nine holes walking).  The amount I spend on skiing is higher, but actually not bad compared to folks who are annual members of upscale private golf courses/clubs.

#1 You go on at least one ski trip a year.  Fortunate to be retired and in a situation where the winter is one long ski trip :-)

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?