Trail opening schedule
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
bawalker
December 4, 2004
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Can someone tell me what the trail opening schedule/policy is for the various resorts in the area, Wisp, Timberline, & Canaan? I have a few friends who want to go riding this coming weekend 10-12 but want to get the most bang for the buck. I know Wisp has their $7/day deal, but I'm wondering if they will have anymore more than the magic carpet open.

Also I know T-Line aims for White Lightening, and then later Salamander... but most of the people I'm going with are beginners/low intermediates and can't handle White Lightening. What about Canaan, what is their policy for opening which trails first?
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 4, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Quote:

Can someone tell me what the trail opening schedule/policy is for the various resorts in the area, Wisp, Timberline, & Canaan? I have a few friends who want to go riding this coming weekend 10-12 but want to get the most bang for the buck. I know Wisp has their $7/day deal, but I'm wondering if they will have anymore more than the magic carpet open.

Also I know T-Line aims for White Lightening, and then later Salamander... but most of the people I'm going with are beginners/low intermediates and can't handle White Lightening. What about Canaan, what is their policy for opening which trails first?

Timberline:

1. White Lightning, Cross Roads.
2. Woods Hole.
3. Salamander
4. Dew Drop
5. ??? Usually Thunderstruck
6. ??? Usually Almost Heaven
7. OTW

CV

1. Valley Vista
2. Timber Trail
3. ???

Your best bet for next weekend if you have a large number of beginners is Snowshoe because of all the green terrain in the Basin Area.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 4, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Most bang for buck next weekend...SNOWSHOE. Sure we will have a couple of wet warm days early in the week, but by mid week the temps will drop allowing the SHOE to open even more terrain. And their lift tickets might still be reduced.
The Colonel

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?