PGRI and Jay Peak
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
wgo
September 8, 2022
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Pacific Group Resorts has won the auction to buy Jay Peak. Winning bid was $76 million. I wonder if there are plans for a pass that gives access to all of their resorts - locally, that would be Wisp and Wintergreen.
Moe Gull
September 10, 2022
Member since 09/5/2022 🔗
37 posts

wgo wrote:

Pacific Group Resorts has won the auction to buy Jay Peak. Winning bid was $76 million. I wonder if there are plans for a pass that gives access to all of their resorts - locally, that would be Wisp and Wintergreen.

I would hope so. I thought Burke Mountain was going up for sale as well but I haven't seen any mention of it in the releases. I know Burke was surrendered along with Jay Peak as part of the whole fraud scheme resolution.

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
September 10, 2022
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
So PGR pays $76 mil for Jay Peak and Vail paid $125 mil for 7S, HV and LM. And Vail only bought the ski related facilities. I think PGR bought the whole salami including the water park. I’d say that PGR got a good deal. I would bet that Wisp and Wintergreen pass holders would receive some reciprocal privileges at Jay. 
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
September 10, 2022
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Moe Gull wrote:

wgo wrote:

I would hope so. I thought Burke Mountain was going up for sale as well but I haven't seen any mention of it in the releases. I know Burke was surrendered along with Jay Peak as part of the whole fraud scheme resolution.

It's been known for a while that Burke and Jay would be handled separately in terms of being getting out of receivership.  Very different mountains and facilities from what I understand.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.