Vermont/New Hampshire
6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
wojo
February 16, 2022
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts

Likely heading up to Stowe/Wildcat/Attitash on my EPIC pass, any suggestions on what to do "up there" on a non-ski day?? Any fun things to take in?? Thanks.

wojo

JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 16, 2022
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts

wojo wrote:

Likely heading up to Stowe/Wildcat/Attitash on my EPIC pass, any suggestions on what to do "up there" on a non-ski day?? Any fun things to take in?? Thanks.

wojo

Walking around towns like Stowe (quaint), North Conway (outlet shops) and Burlington (there is a Georgetown-like bar/restaurant district) can be pretty entertaining.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
February 16, 2022
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,245 posts
Wandering around the Mt. Washington Inn can be entertaining if you like historic houses and photos.  It's near Bretton Woods.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
February 16, 2022
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Ben and Jerry’s factory tour on VT Rt. 100 in Waterbury, especially if you have kids.  Also VT teddy bear factory in S Burlington.  For adults Church St. Mall in Burlington.
mook21
February 17, 2022
Member since 12/30/2013 🔗
50 posts
Head on up to Jay Peak, the indoor water park is great: Pump House
superguy
March 1, 2022 (edited March 1, 2022)
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Stowe has the Von Trapp family lodge - the ones from the Sound of Music. They had a lot of activities available and you can stay there too. Some activities are for hotel guests only. Most activities aren't disabled friendly.

There are a number of farms in the area that offer does and such. I know there's one not too far from Killington. It's an active farm where they make maple syrup, cheese and other dairy products. My wife went while I was taking a day at Okemo. She liked what she saw, but didn't get to stay long as our son was giving her a hard time.

Many resorts offer ice skating. I believe Stowe's was free admission, with rentals available.

There's the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum in Stowe.

Stowe has the main gondola ride, if it's open.

There are places that offer fat tire snow biking and have trails rated by difficulty. It looked pretty fun.

Keep in mind that I didn't do most of these things - I found them just by googling "things to do near x." We were up there are Christmas and I had to find find activities for my nonskier wife and son while I was on the hill.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?