Clarification: Snowshoe's Opening Date
8 posts
7 users
1k+ views
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 22, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Someone posted that Snowshoe intends to open on 1 December. That's incorrect. Weather permitting, it may open this weekend. Here's the announcement posted on Snowshoe's web site:

"Cold Temps and Snowmaking To Return Soon...
Colder temperatures will be returning to the mountain Wednesday night which means our snowmakers will be able to get out and fire up the snow guns. With temps in the teens overnight, there is an outside chance that the slopes might open for the weekend. Please continue to check snowshoemtn.com for latest updates on opening day."

www.snowshoemtn.com

lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 22, 2004
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
We only hope... I just came back from doing chores in my condo this weekend and much of the snow that they made liquified under this horrible warm weather we're having. Is there a Catholic Saint to whom we can light a candle for cold and snow?... Or maybe two candles... or three... or a whole cathedral full....
JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 22, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Alright, who's been praying to St. Sebaldes again?? He's the bavarian hermit, c770, and protector against cold weather.
The right guy to talk to is St. Jude Thaddeus, patron of lost causes.
Pagans can try petitioning Ullr just in case.
jimmy
November 23, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Last week White Grass website recommended St. Bernard of somewhere; I looked again yesterday and couldn't find him. I was in a hurry, their site is more of a journey than a quick shot! Hope I haven't offended you, St. Bernard, I'm off to light a candle or two.

Jimmy
kennedy
November 23, 2004
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I remember reading an article by some pro boarders who went to Alaska to do a shoot but when they got there it snowed too much (imagine that)so they couldn't ride or do the shoot. So with nothing better to do they decided to drink it blue. Apparantly anytime you stay up all night drinking, when you eventually emerge it will be blue skies. It actually worked, when morning rolled around it was perfect blue skies. What I want to know is if there is a way to drink it white. I'm willing to try if anyone knows a way.
tromano
November 23, 2004
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
That may take a while. :P

At least 2 days till freezing weather returns to the mid-atl Text
DWW
November 23, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
144 posts
Saint Bernard is the name of the new chapel at Snowshoe. Now I know why they built it.
jimmy
November 23, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
That's pretty cool to have a patron saint of snow. St. Bernard, pray for us! Maybe Snowshoe opens this weekend? NWS NOAA website predicts a pretty good cool down on the way!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?