5 posts
4 users
2k+ views
Crush
April 18, 2021 (edited April 18, 2021)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Hi Yinz!

Awesome bluebird day at Diamond Peak with temps in the 50's !

1618778058_hexormprpznh.jpg

Great surface and of course I had my Lusti RFC's ( hand-made boutique skis made in the Czech Republic ) and laid down sub 9-meter railroad tracks - I finally got that Euro body-carve position down tho I can't do it all the time. I love these ski dearly and actually ordered another pair ( sorry guys I got the last pair of 145's ) from highGSkis.com here  highgskis.com  - high recommend for showing off at our DMV local ski hills.

Great team rider vid here filmed at Savognin, Switzerland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-k_l8cnYKs

We're probably going to cash-in on the Epic local passes with that 20% deal; I'll probably pull the trigger tomorrow.

See ya all next season!

JimK - DCSki Columnist
April 18, 2021
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Nice Crush!

I was up at Snowbird today.  It was the last day for the lifts on the Gad Valley side of the mtn (see photo), but other lifts/terrain will remain open for a while longer:

1618796727_bireccdvegub.jpg

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
April 18, 2021
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Eric, I know how you love that carving.  But now it’s volcano season.  In the northeast you get spring skiing followed by mud season.  On the west coast you get volcano season, long climbs, long descents. 
Crush
April 19, 2021
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Niceeeee ! Looks like Alta has one more week woo hoo!

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
April 21, 2021
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Crush wrote:

Niceeeee ! Looks like Alta has one more week woo hoo!

A bonus weekend only.  Closing Day for 7-day operations at Alta was April 18.  The final week was way better than expected since the snowstorm lingered over LCC for 2-3 days.  Storm total was 28 inches, and most of it was fluffy powder.  Even better was the fact that temps stayed cold so there was still deep powder turns to be found 1-2 days after the initial dump.  Made it worth extending my stay for a couple days. :-)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.