PA Covid Restrictions
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
mdr227
February 12, 2021
Member since 01/11/2016 🔗
193 posts
Has anyone from VA or MD gone to the PA resorts to ski this year?   If so did you get a covid test before going?   How are they checking (or are they) if you've had one or not?
fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter 
February 12, 2021
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
169 posts

I have gone 3 times and I live in Virginia.  

1st trip I went was to 7 springs during mlk weekend.  I called before I went about covid test. I was told they are not reinforcing it and its all honor system.  I didn't get a covid test.   The trip was after my 1st vaccination and 4 days before my 2nd. 

2nd and 3rd trip I went to liberty.  I had my 2nd vaccination done by that time and I did not do a covid test.  I had to get my lift ticket set up and no one asked about covid test.

I see license plates from Maryland,  Virginia and Pennsylvania in parking lots.

Cycleski
February 14, 2021
Member since 01/10/2021 🔗
27 posts

Hi, my family and I are on our third trip this year from VA. each time we get tested for COVID within the 72 hours as indicated by the Dept of health.  No one has ever asked but, you never know when you may be asked like getting pulled over for a traffic violation.   To me it is not a big deal and a sign of the times and becoming part of normal requirements for state to state travel.  Lastly, out of respect, I get the test.

I can tell you that the snow has been fantastic in the Laurel Highlands this year.  Went to Hidden Valley today and it was awesome!

be safe,

John

oddballstocks
February 15, 2021
Member since 02/11/2017 🔗
123 posts

I live in PA and have been skiing at PA resorts all winter.  No one seems to care, and no one is checking.

I didn't even know this was a requirement until I saw it on this forum.  Lots are full of VA cars, although a lot less than in past years.

The restrictions were a lot tougher around Christmas, but I believe those loosened up.  I've noticed that a lot of people still eat in their cars vs the lodge.

Personally I'm happy with the move to cars for lunch.  It's an excuse as to why I'm not paying $45 for bad food for the kids.  We can eat quicker and get back on the slopes.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.