Liberty and Whitetail Websites Shut Down? (November 18)
7 posts
6 users
1k+ views
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
November 18, 2020
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Right now (3:50 p.m. ET on Wednesday November 18), most - and maybe all - of the links on the websites for Liberty and Whitetail link only to the season pass information from Epic/Vail.  

Given the news about Pennsylvania implementing stringent travel requirements related to COVID-19, my guess is that the PR departments are trying to figure out what to do and how to explain it. [url="https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx"]https://health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx[/url]

A decision on PA's part that I can understand, but sad news for 2020-21 snowsports and all who depend on their success.

Woody

Crush
November 18, 2020 (edited November 18, 2020)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
nah - somebody there does not know how to handle a LAMPS stack running Ubuntu - and to think they could have had me running everything 20 years ago but didn't hire me ... bad mistake!!!
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 18, 2020
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

VR had to deal with a similar situation with Melbourne and the Australian state of Victoria back in late June/early July.  There are undoubtedly crisis management plans in place.

What were the opening days announced for Whitetail and Liberty?

fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter 
November 18, 2020
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
169 posts

marzNC wrote:

Liberty - Dec. 18, 2020. 

Don't know about Whitetail, I assume it'd be the same date? 

Vermont
November 19, 2020 (edited November 19, 2020)
Member since 12/26/2019 🔗
174 posts

If VR really had to deal with it in Australia then they should have been ready for it by now in the US, unfortunately that is not the case, I feel bad for those who were given bad information and chose to buy a mega pass 

Killington opens tomorrow never any problems getting reservations unlike Stowe who backed out on opening saying it was the weather which is total BS as they are north of Killington and have no excuse for not opening other then they are on Epic pass and VR calling the shots, not good for epic pass holders 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 23, 2020
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

fosphenytoin wrote:

marzNC wrote:

Liberty - Dec. 18, 2020. 

Don't know about Whitetail, I assume it'd be the same date? 

Whitetail has a small note on the website that Dec. 18 is opening day.  It's part of the note on the homepage that is a reminder that the last day to get an Epic pass is Dec. 6.  Still no other info that's specific to Whitetail winter ops.

dclivejazz
November 25, 2020
Member since 03/5/2017 🔗
55 posts

Roundtop was supposed to open 12/11 and Liberty and Whitetail 12/18, according to announcements emailed out before. With the tightened PA travel restrictions, it looks dicey for my early season reservations, since I live in MD. Given the exponential increases in cases and hospitalizations going on now, it doesn't look good that things will be significantly improved by then. Still holding out hope for later in the winter. If worse comes to worse, hopefully Epic will let us roll our passes forward to next season. 

Watch us get more snow this winter and eat our hearts out...

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?