Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Things look good for the East:

http://www.skiingweatherman.com/weather.php
rmcva
November 10, 2004
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts
Good report - hope it's correct. Thanks.
Mountain Masher
November 10, 2004
Member since 03/13/2004 🔗
541 posts
Great technical forecast! I might add that when the Mid-Atlantic has a colder than normal November, it is followed by a colder than normal Winter 2/3 of the time; conversely, when we have a warmer than normal November, it is followed by a warmer than normal Winter 2/3 of the time. So, lets watch how this month (November) averages out. Also, it is somewhat rare for the Mid-Atlantic to have 3 colder than normal Winters (with higher than average snowfall) in a row. Given that the past 2 Winters were colder than normal (with higher than average snowfall) in the Mid-Atlantic, I believe that the Winter of 2004-2005 will be slightly warmer than normal (with slightly below average snowfall). And, there's a good chance that the Mid-Atlantic with be hit with a couple of significant freezing rain events this Winter.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 11, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I think one of his key points is that snow begets snow. We're looking at a snow event tonight in Allegheny Mountains. This could have a very positive impact on Snowshoe and Timberline's snowmaking efforts.
wgo
November 11, 2004
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
You've just got to love any forecast that manages to tie together technical stuff like the NAO with the food-gathering habits of squirrels. The ultimate fusion of old-school and new -school forecasting.

p.s. Warren Miller flick showing tonite in Cville! Woo-hoo!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.