Wolf Creek - The First to Open in Colorado
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
bob
November 1, 2020
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts

on the 28th -- after getting a two foot dump on the Sunday and Monday before opening.

Next scheduled to open

Breckenridge on the 3rd

Keystone on the 6th

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/wolf-creek-ski-area-officially-opens-for-the-2020-season-with-more-resorts-to-follow

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 1, 2020
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

bob wrote:

on the 28th -- after getting a two foot dump on the Sunday and Monday before opening.

Next scheduled to open

Breckenridge on the 3rd

Keystone on the 6th

Are you sure about Breck?  Did you mean Nov. 13?  That's what's on the Breck website.  The Epic reservation system doesn't open until Nov. 6.  For Keystone they are using Week Of reservations that start on Nov. 4 and go thru Nov. 13.

bob
November 1, 2020
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts

I was going by what the linked article said. I did not check the Breck website.

Admittedly I found it strange because Breck never opens before Keystone.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 2, 2020
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Wolf Creek has decided to stay open 7-days a week starting Nov. 4.  Another storm is supposed to dump 8+ inches next weekend. :-)

WCSA is operating under a Pre-Season Covid Plan.  Presumably what they learn will go into the plan for the regular season.  Day tickets are the Local Appreciation rates: $58 for adults, $40 for seniors and $31 for children. Online payment only and ticket sales end at 8pm for the next day.  If available, possible to buy a day ticket at the window just before skiing.  Advanced purchasers pick up lift tickets at the window.  Lodge for restrooms only, so basically just staffing the lifts, cleaning the restrooms often, and presumably plowing the parking lot.

If all goes according to plan, I'll get to check out WCSA for the first time in Feb.  Travel plans and lodging reservations are in place with a few friends.

snow.buck
November 2, 2020
Member since 12/12/2009 🔗
202 posts
Glad to see Covid hasn't hit the slopes! DOH...except maybe in VT...better not have out-of-State plates!!!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.