Spring Mount, Pennsylvania
|Vertical drop:||420 feet|
|Base elevation:||108 feet|
|Peak elevation:||528 feet|
Spring Mountain is a small ski hill, offering 8 trails with a vertical of 420 feet, but it’s a ski hill that’s only 28 miles from Philadelphia. That makes the ski area popular with Philly natives who don’t want to drive all the way to the Poconos.
Spring Mountain also offers a snow tubing area with two tubing runs.
Getting to Spring Mountain
|Wind Speed:||8 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Apr 8, 2014 at 11 am
News about Spring Mountain
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- January 4, 2009 - In late December, DCSki Columnist Robbie Allen visited Spring Mountain, a small ski area just outside of Philadelphia. He found that Spring Mountain offers a bit of midwestern-style skiing. He provides this Firsthand Report.
- March 17, 2008 - Spring is a mixed blessing: Mid-Atlantic resorts begin to close one by one, but the weather is nice and the rates can’t be beat. DCSki provides a detailed look at the current operating status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- February 22, 2008 - During January, DCSki asked its readers to complete a survey, ranking Mid-Atlantic ski areas in a number of categories. Over 100 readers filled out this detailed survey, providing a measurement of what local resorts are doing well, and what they could be doing better. We also asked readers to cast a critical eye on DCSki itself. The results are in, so kick back, relax, and see if you agree with readers’ picks for best resort in various categories.
- December 6, 2007 - If you live in the Mid-Atlantic, you’ll have your pick of several dozen resorts to ski or snowboard at this weekend. DCSki provides a complete breakdown of opening-day plans for resorts from North Carolina up through northern Pennsylvania. Cold temperatures and natural snow have produced remarkable early-season conditions.
No future events at this time.
Spring Mountain Webcams
Forum Topics Related to Spring Mountain
No messages to display.