|Vertical drop:||515 feet|
|Base elevation:||1,700 feet|
|Peak elevation:||2,215 feet|
|Longest run:||0.25 miles|
Located in north-central PA, Ski Sawmill is far from commercialized; the small ski area is unpretentious and offers economic lift ticket prices. Expert skiers might quickly tire of Sawmill’s slopes and modest vertical, but the ski area is great for those new to the sport. A tubing area is also offered.
In 2011, Ski Sawmill installed a new triple chairlift, which it had purchased from Ski Shawnee.
Getting to Ski Sawmill
|Wind Speed:||6 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Mar 26, 2017 at 4 pm
News about Sawmill
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- March 17, 2008 - Spring is a mixed blessing: Mid-Atlantic resorts begin to close one by one, but the weather is nice and the rates can’t be beat. DCSki provides a detailed look at the current operating status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- February 22, 2008 - During January, DCSki asked its readers to complete a survey, ranking Mid-Atlantic ski areas in a number of categories. Over 100 readers filled out this detailed survey, providing a measurement of what local resorts are doing well, and what they could be doing better. We also asked readers to cast a critical eye on DCSki itself. The results are in, so kick back, relax, and see if you agree with readers’ picks for best resort in various categories.
- December 6, 2007 - If you live in the Mid-Atlantic, you’ll have your pick of several dozen resorts to ski or snowboard at this weekend. DCSki provides a complete breakdown of opening-day plans for resorts from North Carolina up through northern Pennsylvania. Cold temperatures and natural snow have produced remarkable early-season conditions.
- November 12, 2007 - A number of small improvements are on tap for the 2007-2008 winter season at Ski Sawmill.
No future events at this time.