Liberty Mountain Resort
Carroll Valley, Pennsylvania
|Vertical drop:||620 feet|
|Longest run:||5,200 feet|
Liberty offers 16 trails served by 8 chairlifts, with terrain suitable for all levels of skiers and boarders, plus 14 snow tubing lanes and a carpet lift servicing the tubing park. The Liberty Mountain Hotel offers slopeside lodging and ski and stay packages. The lodge also now offers free wireless Internet access. After a day of skiing, visitors can relax in front of the fireplace in the main lodge, or in McKee’s Tavern, which features sit down dining and live entertainment.
Over the past several years, Liberty has invested millions of dollars integrating automated snowmaking into their systems. Half of the skiable terrain at Liberty is now covered with 100% computerized snowmaking systems. The Dipsy Double chairlift was replaced in 2006 by a brand new quad chairlift, which brings Liberty’s uphill lift capacity to 13,400 skiers / hour. Snowmaking and lighting enhancements continued into the 2007-2008 winter season. In 2009, Liberty replaced the Eastwind Quad Chairlift with a newer Doppelmayr CTEC quad chairlift, and continued installing state-of-the-art automated snowmaking across the resort. Liberty is also now a Burton Learn to Ride Center, bringing the progressive learn to ride program to the Mid-Atlantic.
Liberty’s beginner area, complete with two moving carpet lifts, is home to the award-winning First Class Learn to Ski and Snowboard and Mountain Passport programs. The area also includes Snow Cat Alley, an area specifically designed for children’s programs.
Liberty added the Boulder Ridge Snow Tubing area to its repertoire of winter activities in 2002. Due to the popularity of snow tubing, the summer of 2005 was spent nearly doubling the size of the Boulder Ridge Lodge, expanding the tubing lanes, creating a new kiddie tubing area named Pebble Ridge, and adding a carpet lift. The summer of 2006 welcomed the addition of the Challenge Course at Boulder Ridge. The high and low course elements are available year around for group team building activities.
Liberty Mountain’s parent company, Snow Time, Inc., also owns Ski Roundtop and Whitetail Resort. The resorts offer a discount and frequent-visitor card, the Advantage Card, which is valid at all three areas.
Getting to Liberty Mountain Resort
|Wind Speed:||5 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Jan 17, 2017 at 7 am
|Machine Groomed||14-28" base||16 of 16 trails open
8 of 8 lifts open
News about Liberty Mountain
- October 17, 2016 - Connie Lawn and Charles Sneiderman stopped by the Liberty Mountain Fall Festival on October 16, 2016 and filed this Firsthand Report.
- March 2, 2016 - On February 28, 2016, Connie Lawn experienced adaptive skiing firsthand by riding in a bi-ski at Pennsylvania’s Liberty Mountain Resort. She provides this report.
- November 16, 2015 - It’s not too easy to run a ski resort in the Mid-Atlantic. Some winters bring banner amounts of snow, while others bring 70-degree days in the middle of January. With natural snow a wild card for all but the highest-elevation resorts, local ski areas live or die based on the amount of artificial snow they can make — and that requires low temperatures and low humidity. With another El Niño weather pattern settling into place, long-range forecasts suggest this could be a challenging winter for many Mid-Atlantic skiers and resorts.
- September 19, 2015 - It’s Fall, which means the ski season is just around the corner. Numerous resorts and ski shops throughout the Mid-Atlantic region offer “Ski Swaps” during the Fall, providing a chance to buy or sell used snowsports equipment. DCSki takes a look at some upcoming Swaps.
- March 29, 2015 - Connie Lawn and Charles Sneiderman visited Pennsylvania’s Liberty Mountain Resort on its final day of the season, discovering plenty of snow, a lack of crowds, and a relaxed atmosphere.
No future events at this time.
Liberty Mountain Webcams
Note: Webcam images may not be up to date.
Forum Topics Related to Liberty Mountain
Updated one year ago
Updated 3 years ago by Connie Lawn
Updated 3 years ago by Connie Lawn
Updated 5 years ago by bousquet19
Updated 7 years ago by GRK
Updated 7 years ago by MichaelB
Updated 11 years ago by LordHedgie
Updated 13 years ago by Roger Z