Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania
|Vertical drop:||470 feet|
|Base elevation:||2,405 feet|
|Peak elevation:||2,875 feet|
|Longest run:||~ 1.5 miles|
During the winter, Hidden Valley offers downhill skiing, but goes one step further and offers miles of cross-country trails, snowshoeing, and a snow tubing hill. Hidden Valley receives healthy amounts of natural snow each year, but also relies on machine-made snow. The resort has gained a reputation as a premiere family and learning ski area, with a patient ski school, forgiving slopes, and careful grooming.
Snow conditions at Hidden Valley will generally be better than conditions at resorts closer to D.C. Hidden Valley’s slopes are lit for night skiing.
In late 2007, Hidden Valley changed ownership, transferring from the Kettler family to the Buncher Company. During the Fall of 2007, the Buncher Company implemented a series of significant upgrades at the resort, adding state-of-the-art snowguns, new groomers, and renovating many facilities. Improvements continued through 2008, with the installation of a new quad chairlift, and the purchase of an additional 50 state-of-the-art snowguns. The Buncher Company has ambitious plans for Hidden Valley. Over the next few years, additional terrain and lifts will be added, and a new lodge/condominium complex will be built at the base.
Numerous lodging options are available at the resort, including standard rooms (with double beds), suites, condos, and townhomes. The Buncher Company plans to offer additional real estate opportunities at Hidden Valley in the coming years.
Getting to Hidden Valley Resort
|Wind Speed:||12 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
News about Hidden Valley
- December 1, 2013 - In a typical Mid-Atlantic season, ski resorts struggle to open by mid-December. This is not be a typical Mid-Atlantic season.
- September 3, 2013 - On September 3, 2013, Seven Springs Mountain Resort announced that it is acquiring nearby Hidden Valley Resort from The Buncher Company, confirming rumors that began to swirl over the summer.
- March 28, 2013 - Yes, you can still ski or board in the Mid-Atlantic. Several resorts have announced that they plan to remain open into early April.
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- December 23, 2012 - Visitors to Pennsylvania’s Hidden Valley Resort will find a number of improvements this winter, including a widened Voyager trail and snowmaking enhancements.
No future events at this time.
Hidden Valley Webcams
Note: Webcam images may not be up to date.
Forum Topics Related to Hidden Valley
Updated 16 days ago by snowsmith
Updated one month ago by snowsmith
Updated one month ago by gizmosnow
Updated 10 months ago by Blue Don 1982
Updated 10 months ago by noob2
Updated 11 months ago by David
Updated 11 months ago by Heath
Updated one year ago by Crush
Updated one year ago by snowsmith
Updated one year ago by Sincraft