Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania
|Vertical drop:||470 feet|
|Base elevation:||2,405 feet|
|Peak elevation:||2,875 feet|
|Longest run:||~ 1.5 miles|
Hidden Valley is a year-round resort nestled in Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands, offering activities ranging from downhill skiing to golf. The resort’s facilities include a full-service spa, an 18-hole golf course, an 80-room hotel, an indoor pool, and a conference center. Unlike other “day resorts” in the D.C. area, Hidden Valley was designed as a destination resort, offering housing ranging from condominiums to luxurious single-family homes. Hidden Valley’s residential communities serve as first- and second-homes for people who have quickly learned to love the solitude and scenery of the resort.
During the winter, Hidden Valley offers downhill skiing and a snow tubing hill. Hidden Valley receives healthy amounts of natural snow each year, but also relies on machine-made snow from an arsenal of state-of-the-art, efficient snowguns. The resort has gained a reputation as a family-friendly ski area, with a patient ski school, forgiving slopes, and careful grooming.
Snow conditions at Hidden Valley will generally be better than conditions at resorts closer to D.C. Hidden Valley’s slopes are lit for night skiing.
In 2013, Hidden Valley was purchased by nearby Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
Photos provided by Hidden Valley Resort.
Getting to Hidden Valley Resort
|Wind Speed:||0 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Mar 19, 2016 at 5 am
News about Hidden Valley
- November 15, 2015 - Sister properties Seven Springs and Hidden Valley Resorts pulled out the checkbook this winter and made a significant expansion to their snow grooming fleet: Seven Springs purchased four brand new Pisten Bully 400 ParkPro snowcats, while nearby Hidden Valley added two Prinoth BR 350s to its fleet. These groomers will help the resorts maintain their reputation for excellent snow quality and grooming. Seven Springs is also becoming the first downhill ski area in the state of Pennsylvania to offer uphill travel access.
- November 27, 2014 - The 2014-2015 ski season is about to kick off. While many people will be hitting the stores on Black Friday, diehard skiers and snowboarders will be pointing their cars away from the shopping malls and towards the mountains — where they’ll find a variety of ski resorts launching their winter season.
- November 9, 2014 - Pennsylvania’s Hidden Valley Resort has been refreshed with multiple enhancements and beautification projects over the past summer.
- May 31, 2014 - Depressed that the winter season is over? No worries. Mid-Atlantic ski resorts will provide plenty of activities this summer to distract you from the fact that there is no snow on the ground. Here’s a look at the summer offerings of many local resorts.
- December 1, 2013 - In a typical Mid-Atlantic season, ski resorts struggle to open by mid-December. This is not be a typical Mid-Atlantic season.
No future events at this time.
Hidden Valley Webcams
Note: Webcam images may not be up to date.
Forum Topics Related to Hidden Valley
Updated 7 months ago by Blue Don 1982
Updated 8 months ago by snowsmith
Updated 10 months ago by fmi1
Updated one year ago by Laurel Hill Crazie
Updated one year ago by Crush
Updated one year ago by snowsmith
Updated one year ago by jimmy
Updated 2 years ago by HardcoreLooper
Updated 2 years ago by snowsmith
Updated 2 years ago by snowsmith