Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania
|Vertical drop:||470 feet|
|Base elevation:||2,405 feet|
|Peak elevation:||2,875 feet|
|Longest run:||~ 1.5 miles|
Hidden Valley is a year-round resort nestled in Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands, offering activities ranging from downhill skiing to golf. The resort’s facilities include a full-service spa, an 18-hole golf course, an 80-room hotel, an indoor pool, and a conference center. Unlike other “day resorts” in the D.C. area, Hidden Valley was designed as a destination resort, offering housing ranging from condominiums to luxurious single-family homes. Hidden Valley’s residential communities serve as first- and second-homes for people who have quickly learned to love the solitude and scenery of the resort.
During the winter, Hidden Valley offers downhill skiing and a snow tubing hill. Hidden Valley receives healthy amounts of natural snow each year, but also relies on machine-made snow from an arsenal of state-of-the-art, efficient snowguns. The resort has gained a reputation as a family-friendly ski area, with a patient ski school, forgiving slopes, and careful grooming.
Snow conditions at Hidden Valley will generally be better than conditions at resorts closer to D.C. Hidden Valley’s slopes are lit for night skiing.
In 2013, Hidden Valley was purchased by nearby Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
Photos provided by Hidden Valley Resort.
Getting to Hidden Valley Resort
|Wind Speed:||0 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Apr 8, 2014 at 4 pm
News about Hidden Valley
- May 31, 2014 - Depressed that the winter season is over? No worries. Mid-Atlantic ski resorts will provide plenty of activities this summer to distract you from the fact that there is no snow on the ground. Here’s a look at the summer offerings of many local resorts.
- December 1, 2013 - In a typical Mid-Atlantic season, ski resorts struggle to open by mid-December. This is not be a typical Mid-Atlantic season.
- September 3, 2013 - On September 3, 2013, Seven Springs Mountain Resort announced that it is acquiring nearby Hidden Valley Resort from The Buncher Company, confirming rumors that began to swirl over the summer.
- March 28, 2013 - Yes, you can still ski or board in the Mid-Atlantic. Several resorts have announced that they plan to remain open into early April.
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
No future events at this time.
Hidden Valley Webcams
Note: Webcam images may not be up to date.
Forum Topics Related to Hidden Valley
Updated 7 months ago by HardcoreLooper
Updated 9 months ago by snowsmith
Updated 10 months ago by snowsmith
Updated 10 months ago by gizmosnow
Updated one year ago by Blue Don 1982
Updated one year ago by noob2
Updated one year ago by David
Updated one year ago by Heath
Updated one year ago by Crush
Updated 2 years ago by snowsmith