|Vertical drop:||800 feet|
|Longest run:||1 mile|
Camelback has made regular improvements to its snowmaking system. During the summer of 2008, Camelback installed 110 new low-energy snow guns, in a move that should save 50,000 gallons of diesel fuel annually.
Camelback’s Ski School offers programs for children and adults, with specialty racer programs and an “introduce-a-friend-to-skiing” program. Camelback offers complimentary helmets to children 12 and under participating in Ski School programs.
A number of lodging options are available near Camelback.
Getting to Camelback
|Wind Speed:||6 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Oct 24, 2014 at 3 pm
News about Camelback
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- November 15, 2009 - The Twitter microblogging service allows individuals and companies to create and share short text-based updates called “Tweets.” Over a dozen ski areas in the mid-Atlantic region have created a presence on Twitter, using Twitter to post announcements and information. DCSki now captures these updates and makes them readily available to skiers and boarders, whether or not they have their own Twitter account.
- November 15, 2008 - Camelback will eliminate the use of 50,000 gallon of diesel fuel annually through its purchase of 110 new low-energy snow guns. Improved lighting and a new park groomer round out improvements at the Pennsylvania ski area.
- April 3, 2008 - The vast majority of Mid-Atlantic resorts have ended their ski and snowboarding season. However, if you’re itching to get in a few last turns, it’s not too late. Several resorts plan to offer skiing and boarding for one last weekend, on April 5 and 6.
- March 17, 2008 - Spring is a mixed blessing: Mid-Atlantic resorts begin to close one by one, but the weather is nice and the rates can’t be beat. DCSki provides a detailed look at the current operating status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
No future events at this time.
Forum Topics Related to Camelback
Updated 2 years ago by bousquet19
Updated 4 years ago by eggraid
Updated 4 years ago by bousquet19
Updated 5 years ago by itdoesntmatter
Updated 5 years ago by bousquet19
Updated 7 years ago by GRK
Updated 8 years ago by curih
Updated 11 years ago by jimmy
Updated 16 years ago