Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain
|Vertical drop:||650 feet|
|Longest run:||1.5 miles|
Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain is a relatively small ski area located in Pennsylvania, right by the Delaware River and just across the border from New York state. Ski Big Bear caters to families and is a great resort for first-time skiers and boarders. Lift tickets are also relatively inexpensive at Big Bear. There are also four cross-country ski trails located in the Masthope Mountain Community near Big Bear.
Ski Big Bear has a terrain park for snowboarders and also has a snow tubing area.
Getting to Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain
|Wind Speed:||0 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Jan 16, 2017 at 4 pm
|18-30" base||18 of 18 trails open
6 of 6 lifts open
News about Big Bear
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- November 15, 2009 - The Twitter microblogging service allows individuals and companies to create and share short text-based updates called “Tweets.” Over a dozen ski areas in the mid-Atlantic region have created a presence on Twitter, using Twitter to post announcements and information. DCSki now captures these updates and makes them readily available to skiers and boarders, whether or not they have their own Twitter account.
- November 15, 2008 - Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain is installing an additional Magic Carpet lift on its beginner hill, and making enhancements to snowmaking and its terrain park.
- March 17, 2008 - Spring is a mixed blessing: Mid-Atlantic resorts begin to close one by one, but the weather is nice and the rates can’t be beat. DCSki provides a detailed look at the current operating status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- February 22, 2008 - During January, DCSki asked its readers to complete a survey, ranking Mid-Atlantic ski areas in a number of categories. Over 100 readers filled out this detailed survey, providing a measurement of what local resorts are doing well, and what they could be doing better. We also asked readers to cast a critical eye on DCSki itself. The results are in, so kick back, relax, and see if you agree with readers’ picks for best resort in various categories.
No future events at this time.
Big Bear Webcams
Forum Topics Related to Big Bear
No messages to display.