Major theft at Sugarbush, stole staff ski/board gear out of lockers!
10 posts
3 users
2k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 20, 2020
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

It's getting worse fast.  After Sugarbush closed, someone broke into the Lift Ops locker room and stole ALL the ski/board gear.  Plus the hand sanitizer from Guest Services.

March 20, 2020, VT Ski and Ride

https://vtskiandride.com/someone-stole-all-their-gear/

"Just days after Sugarbush employees found out their mountain was closing for the season and many would be out of jobs sooner than expected, they woke up to discover this too: someone had broken into the the lockers at the resort and stolen  the staff gear in the Lift Operations room up near the Valley house. On top of that ”“a sign of the times ”” they also took hand sanitizer from the Guest Services desk. “I don’t believe any toilet paper was taken but we are still investigating what is missing,” said Sugarbush Communications Director John Bleh.

. . ."

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 20, 2020
3,246 posts

There is a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to replace the stolen gear.  It's being organized by the editor of VT Ski & Ride.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/replace-their-stolen-gear

https://vtskiandride.com/resort-employees-lifties-and-others-robbed-of-gear-lets-help-them/

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 21, 2020
3,246 posts

Looks like the goal was lowered to $20,000.  Probably because some companies have stepped up to donate gear.

Vermont
March 21, 2020
Member since 12/26/2019 🔗
174 posts

I was thinking that it should not take much, while working in the ski industry we often got great discounts, Pro form discounts, and sometimes free gear, by this time of the year we were looking to new stuff and passing along what we used that season, when you work there your skis are your tools and they can take 5 to 10 seasons of abuse in one year

back in the day I would break a pair  or 2 during the season as well

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 21, 2020
3,246 posts

The Sugarbush staff who had stuff stolen worked for Lift Ops, not ski school.  My sense is that these weren't "work skis" but their favorite gear that they had for a while.

The list of stuff stolen is at the bottom of the article.

Vermont
March 22, 2020
174 posts

Yes lift ops get discounts, free season pass etc, I am not talking little ski areas in mid atlantic, this is Sugabush a big money mountain in the heart of the ski industry, those people will be taken care of

Vermont
March 22, 2020
174 posts

Anyone wants to send money I am not saying don't do it 

I just think at this time health care workers on the frontline are way more needing of support

Vermont
March 23, 2020
174 posts

In Fairfax Va things are getting tough for healthcare workers

I had a physician drive 20 minutes to meet me just to pick up a few N 95 dust masks, she had so much appreciation to get 4 masks I told her I had that I gave her 2 more which is all I had, even tho I am in the catagory of someone who will die if they get this virus

how about doing what you can to get supplies to people on the front line rather then trying to get people down here worried about someones used skis of all things, those lifties will have brand new paid for gear next season just from Sugarbush alone, they have sone of the wealthiest families in the country vacation there! They will be fine

but come to norther Va visit some eldery women who live alone and need supplies, maybe post about them and get them help

peace and stay safe

Bonzski
March 23, 2020
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Vermont wrote:

Yes lift ops get discounts, free season pass etc, I am not talking little ski areas in mid atlantic, this is Sugabush a big money mountain in the heart of the ski industry, those people will be taken care of

I agree and expect Sugarbush has insurance to cover lost items.  Win Smith is a quality guy, I bet he makes things right whatever it takes.

Vermont
March 27, 2020
174 posts

Yeah he seems pretty cool, they had the code to get in so it was an inside job all the more reason for Sugarbush to take care of them.

stay safe,  look out for the iosolated elderly.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.