Lift ticket at whitetail
4 posts
4 users
3k+ views
itdoesntmatter - DCSki Supporter 
December 2, 2019
Member since 01/17/2007 🔗
158 posts
Is a one day ticket at whitetail also good for night skiing? Or does the ticket stop at 4:00 or 5:00 PM?
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 2, 2019
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

itdoesntmatter wrote:

Is a one day ticket at whitetail also good for night skiing? Or does the ticket stop at 4:00 or 5:00 PM?

I believe the "day" tickets Whitetail is selling now are valid any hours on a particular day (open to close).  So you should be able to use them day and/or night.

In the past they sold 8-hour, Extended Day (open-close), and Night tickets, but now they're just down to all-day and night tickets.

mdr227
December 4, 2019
Member since 01/11/2016 🔗
193 posts

Too bad they have done away with the four hour weekday pass (though the full day weekday pass isn't too pricey).   If you go on any weekday (even Fridays) you can typically get right on the lifts at WT or Liberty and get tons of runs in within four hours.   Usually leave home at 7 AM, only the slopes around 8:30ish, ski until about noon, grab lunch and get home by 2.   

Bijan
December 6, 2019
Member since 01/16/2018 🔗
10 posts

They had 4 hour tix for the weekends too. That's what I always did, even though it was a $5 savings.

Website is showing $79 for a full day weekend ($69 weekday) pass, which I'm almost certain was the same price for an 8-hour ticket last year. Also new this year (I believe) is discounts for advanced online purchase. Looks like you can get a weekend pass for $64, weekday for $56. Not bad and cheaper than a 4-hour pass from last year. Unclear how far you have to buy in advance.

To your question OP -- I'm almost certain that the 1-day pass now covers opening to close. It's not 100% explicit but they used to have multiple options with all the specifics on hours so I think this is just making everything more streamlined.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.