Outdoor Research heated mittens for sale
10 posts
5 users
1k+ views
ksampson3
October 25, 2019
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

I just bought a pair of heated gloves that don't fit me. They are a pair of Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Sensor Mitts. Size Medium. They list for $359. I'm selling them for $200. All tags are still attached along with the original packaging. I tried them on yesterday and immediately knew that they were too big. I couldn't figure out how to attach a picture, but contact me and I'll send you photos. See link below for information about the mittens. Local pickup is preferred. I live in the Bethesda area. 

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/lucent-heated-sensor-mitts-271544?search_result=1

Thanks much,

Jim

kemperski - DCSki Supporter 
October 25, 2019 (edited October 25, 2019)
Member since 11/10/2013 🔗
228 posts

heated mittens? seriously?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
October 25, 2019 (edited October 25, 2019)
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

kemperski wrote:

heated mittens? seriously?

For some people, having heat gloves/mittens is the only way they can enjoy the slopes.  I got a pair of heated liners for my good gloves last winter from a woman who found the battery didn't last long enough for her.  She needs the high setting for the entire day and could only get abour 4 hours.  She was sharing the condo at Big Sky so I had a chance to test them out before deciding they would be worthwhile.  While I do fine with regular liners, it was nice to be able to have a little heat for my thumbs in single-digit temps in Montana last Feb.  When I get up to Canada mid-season I'm definitely taking the heated liners!

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
October 26, 2019
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

I always get oversized gloves.  I have an average size hand but get XL.  If I have to take a hand out of the glove and it gets wet, it is all but impossible to put a normal size glove back on.  Oversized are also warmer.

ksampson3
October 26, 2019
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

Denis wrote:

I always get oversized gloves.  I have an average size hand but get XL.  If I have to take a hand out of the glove and it gets wet, it is all but impossible to put a normal size glove back on.  Oversized are also warmer.

Thanks, Denis. I hear what you're saying. I think that mittens are different than gloves when it comes to fit. An oversized mitten just feels "floppy" if it's too big. 

kemperski - DCSki Supporter 
October 26, 2019
Member since 11/10/2013 🔗
228 posts

Until a couple of years ago I never realized what the little pouch on the back of gloves were for...  keys?... extra cash?

perhaps a "what is the coldest your hands have ever been" thread is in order.  One of my coldest was night skiing on that record breaking day at T-line two or three years ago, actually the early chairs were even worse as it was incredibly windy. There have been others though -- skinning up Berthoud when it started sunny and got overcast and windy as got into alpine, it was then when I had to take off skins and transition that I realized I'd left my gloves at the bottom.  i had a crappy little silver emergency blanket that I tore up and wrapped my hands in.

I wear gloves but now have the very thin merino liners that I can put on if needed

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
October 26, 2019
3,246 posts

kemperski wrote:

Until a couple of years ago I never realized what the little pouch on the back of gloves were for...  keys?... extra cash?

perhaps a "what is the coldest your hands have ever been" thread is in order.  One of my coldest was night skiing on that record breaking day at T-line two or three years ago, actually the early chairs were even worse as it was incredibly windy. There have been others though -- skinning up Berthoud when it started sunny and got overcast and windy as got into alpine, it was then when I had to take off skins and transition that I realized I'd left my gloves at the bottom.  i had a crappy little silver emergency blanket that I tore up and wrapped my hands in.

I wear gloves but now have the very thin merino liners that I can put on if needed

Fair to say that your body must keep your hands relatively warm.  I know people who have to wear mittens because no gloves keeps their fingers warm enough for snowsports.  I have good mittens that I've packed for potentially frigid temps, but prefer gloves.  A heat pack plus a thin liner has usually been enough for me to stay out for resort skiing for 1-2 hours even in single digits.  I always wear a vest as extra warmth for my core.

I found some Serius Heat Wave liners last year that have become my favorite liners.

https://www.rei.com/product/889578/seirus-heatwave-liner-gloves

mdr227
October 31, 2019
Member since 01/11/2016 🔗
193 posts

For those of us that suffer from Raenaud's syndrome it is tough to keep our extermities (esp fingers) warm in cold weather.   I wear some merino wool glove liners and high end insulated Hestra mittens when skiing.   At 30 degrees or above can usually get away with just that combination, but anything below I need to add in those hand warming packets.   Usually keep them on my palm between the liner glove and mitten and do a pretty good job.   Always carry some extras.   Have never tried heated gloves as they seem heavier/bulkier and may not last long enough.  

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
October 31, 2019
3,246 posts

mdr227 wrote:

For those of us that suffer from Raenaud's syndrome it is tough to keep our extermities (esp fingers) warm in cold weather.   I wear some merino wool glove liners and high end insulated Hestra mittens when skiing.   At 30 degrees or above can usually get away with just that combination, but anything below I need to add in those hand warming packets.   Usually keep them on my palm between the liner glove and mitten and do a pretty good job.   Always carry some extras.   Have never tried heated gloves as they seem heavier/bulkier and may not last long enough.  

The heated liners for Hestra gloves aren't bulky, but for my friend with Raenaud's the battery only lasted 3-4 hours on high.  She needed that much heat in single digits at Big Sky.  The instructions are pretty clear that High is only meant to be used for a short period.  Sometimes I turned it up while riding up a lift when my thumb(s) were cold.

I have an older pair of heated gloves from about 10 years ago.  The battery packs for those gloves are much bulkier.  Never really used them that much.

Wouldn't buy heated gloves/liners at full price.  My friend got them during late season at 40% off and sold them to me for an even better deal.

ksampson3
November 1, 2019
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

Sold.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?