September 18, 2019
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

Thanks in advance.

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
September 18, 2019
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

First, you must upload your photo to a hosting site like Google Photos or Photobucket so your picture must be on your computer or cell phone first. 

I use Pugski.com to host my ski related pictures. From their home page look for the 3 horizontal lines and click there then select media. On the next page look for the add media tab and click that. On the next page follow the prompts and directions. The first prompt will ask you to select a category from a drop menu. Select Photos and go from there. You will need to know where on your computer you filed your photos and the name you gave to that file. Once you get done with the upload open the photo. You will find it on the first media page where you began the process. Click on the thumbnail there to open the picture. From here you have a few ways to go. What I do is right-click on the picture, select Copy Image. Now come back to DCSki and your post. Place your cursor in the post-editing box and hold down the Control or Ctrl key on your keyboard then select Paste from the menu box that appears. Your picture will now appear in your post editing box.

Another way to do it is go back to the photo you uploaded, right-click to select Copy image address from the menu then come to DCSki and find the icon at the top of post-editing box that looks like two mountain peaks with a sun in the sky. It is to the right of the flag icon and to the left of the grid icon. Click on that icon (image icon) and then right-click in the URL box and select Paste then select OK at the bottom of the box and there you have it.

Also, if you go back to the PugSki page where you opened your picture you will see a box under the heading Share this Media. I'm not sure which option to select. Probably you could use Share image and when you click that it copies the address then proceed as in method 2 above.

Simple, good luck.

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 18, 2019
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

Thanks.  Guess I have a little work to do.  I lack the right click capability, having just an iPad.  Also it looks likeDCSki does not host pictures, so that one must have a hosting site.  Time to open a Pugski account.  What I was actually trying to do was have an avatar to go on my posts, but didn’t know the correct terminology to ask.  I fooled around and was on the verge of success but it wouldn’t accept my picture - too big.  I don’t know how to resize a picture.  It will all have to wait a few days.  I’m in Chicago for a granddaughter’s 8 yr. old birthday party.  She’ll only be 8 yrs.old one time.  As it happens this likely means a ski day in September isn’t going to happen.  Yesterday the higher passes around Tahoe got a couple of inches, but it’s gone now.  Fingers and toes crossed for another shot of cold and moisture by September 30. 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
September 18, 2019
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

One way to resize a JPG photo file is to use TinyPNG.  Works on PNG or JPG files.

https://tinypng.com

If using Photos on a Mac, can use Export to shrink a photo file.  Also possible to Export from Preview to change the filesize.  My home WiFi used to be very slow.  So I always create smaller files before uploading pics.

Bonzski
September 18, 2019
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts
Can also open a free account on Imgur. Photos can be uploaded to Imgur from your device using their app or website.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
September 19, 2019
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Denis wrote:

Thanks.  Guess I have a little work to do.  I lack the right click capability, having just an iPad.  Also it looks likeDCSki does not host pictures, so that one must have a hosting site.  Time to open a Pugski account.  What I was actually trying to do was have an avatar to go on my posts, but didn’t know the correct terminology to ask.  I fooled around and was on the verge of success but it wouldn’t accept my picture - too big.  I don’t know how to resize a picture.  It will all have to wait a few days.  I’m in Chicago for a granddaughter’s 8 yr. old birthday party.  She’ll only be 8 yrs.old one time.  As it happens this likely means a ski day in September isn’t going to happen.  Yesterday the higher passes around Tahoe got a couple of inches, but it’s gone now.  Fingers and toes crossed for another shot of cold and moisture by September 30. 

Just another thought, on PugSki your photos will be resized to 1000px x 1000px. I don't know if this is small enough for an avatar here. Also, when you upload to PugSki your picture will have a small PugSki logo in the bottom right corner.

Yes, my instructions were PC specific but I can't imagine there is no way to bring up menus for copy, cut, and paste on your Apple devices. 

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?