Colorado Bound
2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
kemperski - DCSki Supporter 
January 9, 2019
Member since 11/10/2013 🔗
228 posts

Casting back to the Ikon vs Epic thread, I ended up choosing to buy a pass to Loveland which I should be picking up tomorrow afternoon, in the morning I intend to some tree laps off of Berthoud pass.

Then I have free days at Monarch, Sunlight and SkiCooper

Also Powder Mountain but can't see carving that drive out of 5 skiing days.  later in the spring the LL is going to get me days in montana and Idaho I hope

Y'all have fun here the much needed turn around in weather is finally arriving, probably see more snow in WV than I will out west.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 9, 2019
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts

Have a great trip.  I’m trying to guess of your itinerary?  Start with two days at Loveland, then one day at Sunlight, half day at Cooper, one day at Monarch, then back to Denver for flight home?

FYI got a great deal ($45 incl tax in 2015 for a suite room) with Priceline express at the nice Quality Inn-River in Glenwood Springs.  The famous Glenwood Hot Springs only costs $10 for a late session from 9-10PM.  The town of Leadville near Ski Cooper is interesting for a brief pit stop and the Delaware Hotel is good for gift shopping.  A lot of US Army 10th Mtn Div history around there.  I’ve never been to Monarch & Salida, but I hear the town of Salida is pretty interesting.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.