Using IKON pass at Snowshoe
12 posts
6 users
3k+ views
wgo
December 12, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Has anyone here used their Ikon pass at Snowshoe? Any extra steps needed (like, I don't know, getting it activated or something ast the Depot) before it can be used?

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
December 12, 2018
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

My buddy and I skied right up to Ballhooter - no issue.  His wife's Ikon did not work and she had to go to the Depot and sign the waiver.  Kind of a crap shoot I guess. 

wgo
December 12, 2018
1,666 posts

Hmm, OK. My son and I are planning on being there this Saturday for the first time this season. We were planning on starting at the standard day parking near top of the world and skiing widowmaker/camp 99, but maybe we should start near ballhooter in case we need to swing by the depot...if the parking lot across from the depot open for day use or have they already closed it off so that only lodging guests can use it?

December 12, 2018
1,580 posts

Not sure but there is 15 min parking next to the depot.  Maybe stop there first.

wgo
December 12, 2018
1,666 posts

Gotta say, I have not had a ton of luck finding a space in the 15 minute parking in the past. Anyway we will figure it out. Thanks.

Bonzski
December 12, 2018
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Try calling them with your pass ID #s handy and asking.

nakedskier
December 13, 2018
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
93 posts

I skied Snowshoe last week during the Day of Mourning for HW.  I did not do anything special to activate my IKON pass.  Skied right up to the lift and they scanned it no problem.  

I did not, however, take advantage of that 10% discount on food.  I only found that Snowshoe discounts IKON pass holders 10% on food earlier this week when I was looking at the IKON website.  

December 13, 2018
1,580 posts

nakedskier wrote:

I did not, however, take advantage of that 10% discount on food.  I only found that Snowshoe discounts IKON pass holders 10% on food earlier this week when I was looking at the IKON website.  

We used the 10% off at the Junction last weekend.  As a side note, did anyone think food / bev prices went up?  I had 2 draft porters and my wife had 2 draft IPAs along with the to sammies below.  Drafts were just under 8 bucks each.The friggin bill was over $60.  After the discount and tip, we ended up with a $71 lunch.  We'll be eating lunch in when we return in January. 

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 13, 2018
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

10% Snowshoe Eating Discount:  Just be Aware that unless things have changed the discount is only available at Snowshoe owned restaurants, and not all restaurants at the Shoe are owned by Snowshoe!  Check before eating!

MorganB  aka The Colonel

wgo
December 16, 2018
1,666 posts

No problem using the Ikon pass from the get-go yesterday. 

There is a new wood-fired pizza place in the Appalachian Kitchen building, accross from Western Terriroty. Pretty good and fairly fast.

eggraid
December 17, 2018
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

wgo wrote:

Hmm, OK. My son and I are planning on being there this Saturday for the first time this season. We were planning on starting at the standard day parking near top of the world and skiing widowmaker/camp 99, but maybe we should start near ballhooter in case we need to swing by the depot...if the parking lot across from the depot open for day use or have they already closed it off so that only lodging guests can use it?

If I were you, I'd still park at the top of the world. If your pass doesn't work, they still let you on the lift. You could either do a quick run down Widowmaker, see if your pass works at the bottom. If it doesn't, take a shuttle to the depot, or just ski down to ballhooter lift, get rejected again, ride it up and head to the Depot at that point. The only problem with that strategy is that the line at the Depot might be very long at that point. Actually, I wonder if the rental shop at the top of the world could scan your tickets to see if they work?

Our IKON passes worked fine skiing up to the lift at Snowshoe in Nov.

wgo
December 17, 2018
1,666 posts
Yep, no problems on Saturday. Conditions were nice as well and there was not too much rain.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.