Whitetail liquor referendum passes
10 posts
8 users
3k+ views
yotestang
November 7, 2018
Member since 12/12/2014 🔗
17 posts
https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/tri_state/pennsylvania/whitetail-alcohol-referendums-pass/article_25fa24d0-305f-52e5-93bd-a074e3f2f6ea.html Now guests have the option to enjoy an adult beverage at the resort. Change may bring more jobs and year round activities to the area.
wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2018
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

Welcome to 1933 Whitetail!

ksampson3
November 7, 2018
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

I was always kind of worried that they'd get this passed. Not that Blair Valley Road is hard to negotiate when you're sober, but I don't look forward to driving that road when drunken idiots are driving home from their day of skiing and drinking. It will be interesting to see if the number of accidents on this road increases after the resort starts serving alcohol. One accident is usually enough to close the road in both directions. 

snapdragon
November 7, 2018
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts

Would you still drive in DC?  Since pot is now legal then erbody must be crazy high and driving around.  Me thinks you are a little paranoid or you must have been personally affected by a drunk driver in the past.  People bring their own booze to ski areas in dry counties.  There is no law against that practice and if there is a law then enforcement would be nearly impossible.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 7, 2018
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts

Saturday nights on Angel Drop are going to be crazier than ever:-)

mwg
November 7, 2018
Member since 08/24/2005 🔗
46 posts

If you have ever witnessed all the beer cans on Exhibition after College Nights or the tailgates in the parking lot, you would know that drinking has always existed at Whitetail.  Only difference now is that Whitetail will be selling the alcohol.

ksampson3
November 7, 2018
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

mwg wrote:

If you have ever witnessed all the beer cans on Exhibition after College Nights or the tailgates in the parking lot, you would know that drinking has always existed at Whitetail.  Only difference now is that Whitetail will be selling the alcohol.

Phew! I feel much better now. 

Seriously, though. I guess that I never really noticed it. I ski from first chair to a little after lunch when I go. I never really noticed this. Maybe I was too busy staring at all of the bras in the tree on Exhibition. 

mwolf00
November 7, 2018
Member since 11/15/2016 🔗
21 posts

I will be taking advantage of this once or twice this year.  I sometimes enjoy an adult beverage after a day on the slopes but I wouldn't pack my own or drink in my car.  I was thinking last year how nice it would be to have a beer as I sat at those outdoor fire pits at the bottom of the slopes.  Not everyone drinks to excess.

yotestang
November 7, 2018
Member since 12/12/2014 🔗
17 posts

per a follow-up article, https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/tri_state/pennsylvania/whitetail-to-file-for-liquor-licenses/article_53c2ec7e-88f3-5a7b-b4c0-8d6e4fdb11c1.html It could take half a year or more for the application to navigate PA government.  It does not seem likely that the mountain will be serving cold ones until next season, but the golf course should benefit from the slow timeline.

FreshPow
November 8, 2018
Member since 01/2/2008 🔗
174 posts

mwolf00 wrote:

I was thinking last year how nice it would be to have a beer as I sat at those outdoor fire pits at the bottom of the slopes.  Not everyone drinks to excess.

Although a license will now end it (as I don't think it's thereby legal), it's been a little known fact you've always been able to enjoy BYOB at Whitetail in the lodge, outside on the deck, parking lot and in the restaurants. Not up and out on the hill. 

If this license takes a season to process, enjoy it while you can! A red solo cup or sleeve on your can always suggested, People will bug you asking where you got it. ;-)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.