THE 7000 MILE SKI ROAD TRIP
9 posts
9 users
6k+ views
fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter 
October 28, 2018
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
169 posts

Loved your report.  Thanks for sharing.  It brought back many fond memories I had when I visited Banff 2 years ago.  

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 29, 2018
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Another SPECIAL ski trip reportJim.  You are right, Kathy was a saint staying with you and Vince the entire trip!

MorganB

ksampson3
October 29, 2018
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

Wow, what a great report. Thanks for the info about Revelstoke and especially Norquay. We hit Sunshine and Lake Louise last year at Christmas but not Norquay as I didn't realize that it was included on the Mountain Collective. We'll definitely do that this year. 

I was wondering how crowded Louise and Sunshine were while you were there. Like I said, we were there at Xmas and both resorts were empty. We kept saying "Wow, there really are no people in Canada.". We didn't find out until we got back from our trip and read an article saying that the Canadian resorts had really low visitor counts during the holidays due to the extreme cold. It turns out that sometimes it's even too cold for Canadians to ski. Driving to Louise one morning from Canmore our car thermometer hit -36 degrees farenheit! At least it warmed up to -10 by the time we hit the empty parking lot at the ski resort. 

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
October 29, 2018
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Another great trip report and excellent photos a usual. Thanks for taking the time to chronicle your adventures and sharing them with us.

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
October 29, 2018
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts

Enjoyed every minute of the report. Thanks Jim.

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
October 29, 2018
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

Thanks Jim, I really enjoyed that.  Glad you did it.  I too have done this.  You never know what the future holds, so just do it.  

I am midway between 2 total knee replacements.  The second is scheduled for Nov. 28.  I am determined to continue enjoying skiing but it is likely that my adventure skiing, pushing the envelope, days are over.  But having pursued this passion for many years, and having a treasure trove of memories, there will be no regrets, however it turns out.

lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 25, 2018
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts

Outstanding report!!  Have great memories of Lake Louise and Banff and you brought them back

kemperski - DCSki Supporter 
December 2, 2018
Member since 11/10/2013 🔗
228 posts

Jim I loved that piece.  What I find esp. useful is the detail about zones and even specific lifts and runs, that's information I will look at when I visit some of those mountains (perhaps this season)

Good work, thanks

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?