Wanna earn a Blue Knob season pass?
3 posts
2 users
3k+ views
superguy
September 12, 2018
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts
Wanna earn a season pass to Blue Knob? They're looking for people to volunteer to help clean up trails I exchange for a pass.

From BK's FB page:

"It's time to think about winter..would you like to earn a season pass by being on a trail clearing crew? If it sounds like something that you'd be interested in, call 814-239-1001 from 9 am till 4 pm on weekdays..or, you can email mountainmanager@blueknob.com!"

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
September 12, 2018
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

I think a full pass will require 40 hours of volunteer time but do a day for the love of skiing. The toil will bind your soul to the heart of the mountain....but a season pass is nice.

superguy
September 12, 2018
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts
You were right - they're looking for 40 hours. They expect most work will be done weekends, but they'll work with people's schedules. Most work will be weed whacking and limb removal. I asked about a day lift ticket for working a day, but haven't heard back. I think you're right about the connection. BK is unique for me as it's the only mountain I almost got kicked off of as a teen. Ducked a rope at the all-night ski and we got caught. Lucky we didn't get clipped as my friend already had pissed off the manager once that night. :)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.