Powder is a terrible thing to waste.
Home
Close Dates (or estimated) for Whitetail, T-Line, Canaan, Snowshoe
6 posts from 6 users
Updated 8 months ago
Jump to Newest Post
8 months ago

Could you all help me some estimates on close dates, based on your experience for the following mountains? 

Whitetail:

Timberline:

Canaan Valley:

Snowshoe: 

8 months ago

I would estimate mid March for the first three and two or three weeks later for Snowshoe.  Someone more familiar with Snowshoe may have better info. 

8 months ago

TomH wrote:

I would estimate mid March for the first three and two or three weeks later for Snowshoe.  Someone more familiar with Snowshoe may have better info. 

Snowshoe estimates Easter Sunday - 4/1/18

8 months ago

Helpful hint - if you are planning a spring visit, what you really want to know is how likely/unlikely a specific area is willing to power through a downturn in weather.   Example- Whitetail will try to make it to the 3rd or 4th weekend in March, but a warm up and/or rain may force a change in plans.  Last year Whitetail had to close early, but it’s sister mountain Roundtop stayed open and made snow all the way through March.

I believe Canaan Valley has a limitation on water for snowmaking that can impact their late season efforts, other’s can provide better info.

Snowshoe has the Trifecta - water, customers and cash - and consistently stays open through March.

Sounds like you haven’t heard about snowmobile racing at Timberline, you’re about to learn!

8 months ago

already talking about closing dates? How morbid a bunch you all are!  Perhaps you need some ski therapy :) 

The *snowmaking* at tline is the best it’s been in years. Everything open besides thunder draft (under the triple at the top…aka hollywood blvd)   There, I said it…free advertising and giving credit where credit is due…. (the skeleton crew mtn ops guys who dont ski but have worked their butts off this year) 

ps:  If you leave work now in DC, you can make a bluebird awesome ski day with sunset lift runs into night skiing in awesome conditions! Tomorrow should be really good too

8 months ago

We all know ski season in the Valley ends the second week of May when they need to close to preserve snow for the snowmobile races.

Ad: Canaan Valley Resort

Snow reason not to share.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.20 seconds