Laurel Mtn Bummer
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
December 28, 2017
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

I was all set to hit Laurel for the first time.  They "originally" posted (now deleted) that 90% of the mountain would be open today.

Woke up to find only 11 trails open.  I messaged them and they said their groomer broke last night and that changed their plans.

Totally bummed.

Maybe tomorrow?  If not, Hidden Valley it is.

imp - DCSki Supporter 
December 28, 2017
Member since 01/11/2007 🔗
299 posts

90% was not a possible number.

all the older slopes that have grass on them are skiable.

lower dream highway is very rocky still and will need 2 ft to be usable.

you should have gone cause they're skiing the new glades

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
December 28, 2017
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

imp wrote:

90% was not a possible number.

all the older slopes that have grass on them are skiable.

lower dream highway is very rocky still and will need 2 ft to be usable.

you should have gone cause they're skiing the new glades

Thanks for the heads up.  We're all a bunch of groomer cruisers so we'll hold off until later in the season.  Sadly, I said that last year ......

camp
December 28, 2017
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  We're all a bunch of groomer cruisers so we'll hold off until later in the season.  Sadly, I said that last year ......

I dunno if today was your ski window or tomorrow. But Wildcat is some ultimate groomer cruising. I went twice just to ski that last year, but, I was already out there and didn't really need to ski for 8 hours. That said, the next time I go I want everything open, like lower Dream Hwy. It's tough to ski Wildcat and nothing else for long

oddballstocks
December 29, 2017
Member since 02/11/2017 🔗
123 posts

Went for the first time last year, Wildcat lived up to the hype.

Agree with camp, they need more open for an entire day.  I think I stayed 9-2 (was it 10?) and felt I had skied the place out. 

I'd love to see Dream Hwy open.  Last year there were downed trees all over it, I figured there was zero chance of an opening. Hopefully things have been cleaned up this year. Some significant rocks as well.

I hit them up after a 4in storm rolled through.  The fresh snow on top of everything made it perfect. Aiming to go more this year, but will still try to time a storm.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?