New Boot Suggestions
6 posts
3 users
5k+ views
bcatlantic
October 4, 2017
Member since 09/14/2017 🔗
3 posts

Hi everyone!  I am new to this forum, and looking for some help.  I am in desperate need of some new ski boots this season, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I used to race and am looking for a high performance boot for everyday skiing, but am also looking for something I can still be comfortable when I go skinning up the mountain in the woods.

I have been seeing a lot of stuff popping up from Dodge Ski Boots on my Instagram recently, and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with these boots?  

Bonzski
October 5, 2017
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Do you have an AT ski/binding setup?  If so, what is it?

bcatlantic
October 5, 2017
3 posts

Yes, I have Tyrolia Ambition bindings on a pair of Blizzard Bonafide's

Bonzski
October 6, 2017
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

I don't have experience with Dodge boots but they appear to be a good match for you.  A bit pricey but if they're going to keep you from buying a second pair of skis/binding/boots for AT then they make sense.  They appear to have either a 98 or 102 last and leave it to the molded liner to custom fit...cut grind carbon fiber right?  Keep us posted if you decide to make the purchase and share you thoughts.

erdz
October 6, 2017
Member since 07/17/2016 🔗
6 posts

Having skiied the Dodge boot I cannot even imagine a worse boot for a BC skiing (not to mention no walk feature ). Insanely stiff and non absorbment of terrain. But match them with a WC Slalom ski - Wow!

bcatlantic
October 10, 2017
3 posts

Interesting that you think they would be terrible for the backcountry erdz... I would think that the lightweight would help with this skin up.  I tried some boots with walk modes, and found that for the amount of time that I was in the backcountry vs groomers, that it was not worth it, because the boots were not stiff enough while skiing.

I am going to give them a shot, and use their remote fitting system.  Did you use this system erdz?  How was it?

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?