Poconos snowmaking after Presidents Day
5 posts
2 users
2k+ views
wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
February 14, 2017
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

Do the Pocono ski areas keep making snow after Presidents Day weekend? I was expecting to go on this Sunday, but it looks like that may be postponed. I'm leaning Camelback, but am also considering Montage and Elk.

February 25, 2017
353 posts
Looks like Poconos could get cold enough to make snow later in the week. Do you think any will ?
camp
February 26, 2017
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

I've been watching Blue Mtn's reports and they've pretty been aggressive w/ snow making. I have friends going to Elk tomorrow, so I assume it's worth it for them. Resorts probably have a lot of snowmaking budget left since there weren't all that many cold days this season to spend it. But, will they want to spend it now knowing that skiers won't show up in droves like pre-holiday. Pleasantly surprised that 7S, Laurel, Hidden Valley, and Blue Knob all made some last night.

February 27, 2017
353 posts

I haven't heard back from Camelback, but the news from the Alleghanies is good:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/doubleuefwhy">@doubleuefwhy</a> YES!!!</p>&mdash; Seven Springs (@7SpringsPA) <a href="https://twitter.com/7SpringsPA/status/835850865319821316">February 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now, I just need to get my schedule cleared.

February 27, 2017
353 posts

Embedded tweets don't work...

In short, if conditions allow, Seven Springs will keep making snow.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.