Monday, March 21...Snowshoe Made Snow Last Night!!!
7 posts
6 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 21, 2016
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Snowshoe Mountain once again proved why it is the premier Mid-Atlantic ski resort by turning on the snow guns on several trails to maintain a ski surface friendly to Easter holiday guests despite it being less than a week until the slopes close for the 2015-2016 snow sliding season!!!!!  Despite a poor natural snow and mild winter, Snowshoe has consistently maintained the best surface sliding conditions and open trail count in the Mid-Atlantic, thanks to a fantastic snow making capability and a management perspective that puts the resort guest experience above all else.  

My thanks go out to SS CEO DeBerry and the entire SS staff and managers for making more than the most from the poor East Coast winter weather season.  Hip, Hip, Hooray❄️😀!!!!!!

MorganB

aka The Colonel

David
March 21, 2016
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

Probably still have a bunch of credits with the electric company from not being able to make snow most of the season. 

Sschneid
March 21, 2016
Member since 03/22/2015 🔗
50 posts

The Colonel wrote:

Snowshoe Mountain once again proved why it is the premier Mid-Atlantic ski resort by turning on the snow guns on several trails to maintain a ski surface friendly to Easter holiday guests despite it being less than a week until the slopes close for the 2015-2016 snow sliding season!!!!!  Despite a poor natural snow and mild winter, Snowshoe has consistently maintained the best surface sliding conditions and open trail count in the Mid-Atlantic, thanks to a fantastic snow making capability and a management perspective that puts the resort guest experience above all else.  

My thanks go out to SS CEO DeBerry and the entire SS staff and managers for making more than the most from the poor East Coast winter weather season.  Hip, Hip, Hooray❄️😀!!!!!!

MorganB

aka The Colonel

Was there this weekend and this morning (Monday) and it was great... The operations team worked wonders Sunday night and it was just delightful.  SkipJack and GrabHammer in particular were much improved Sunday to Monday.   

Should be a great week for those fortunate enough to be on the mountain this week.

wgo
March 21, 2016 (edited March 21, 2016)
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Was also there today. Snow was really good. Cupp is getting a bit narrow in places but I think it will last thru the weekend. Only disappointment was that the Soaring Eagle lift was closed. 

rbrtlav
March 21, 2016
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

For what it is worth I'll be there Friday - Sunday AM. This past weekend was nice. 

Now if only these temps late in the week would drop 10-15 degrees...

skijw
March 21, 2016
Member since 03/10/2014 🔗
40 posts

wgo wrote:

Was also there today. Snow was really good. Cupp is getting a bit narrow in places but I think it will last thru the weekend. Only disappointment was that the Soaring Eagle lift was closed. 

Soaring Eagle was open yesterday. Base looked pretty good for Widowmaker, Camp99 and Sawmill. Upper Flume was really narrow and barely open in places and that's probably why Soaring Eagle was closed today?

wgo
March 22, 2016
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Makes sense. I wonder if they will be able to move enough snow around to reopen for the weekend? This week does not look good for snowmaking (with the possible exception of some marginal snowmaking temps Friday overnight)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.