Snowshoe Feb 3-7
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
AndyGene
February 2, 2016
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

I'm going to be at snowshoe February 3-7 with my wife.  She will be enjoying the spa service, and I will be enjoying the slope service.  I think we are going to go tubing one day also. How hard is it going to be to eat in the restaurants on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?  And does anyone have a restaurant recomendation?  I know everything will be crowded on Saturday, so I made a reservation at the South Mountain Grille so that we don't have to wait two hours for food.  I'm really hoping they have decent food, reviews seem to be hit or miss.  We are bringing food for the other meals.

If anyone will be up that way feel free to say hi.  I will be the fattest guy you've ever seen that knows how to snowboard.  Red pants, brown jacket, steamboat sticker on a black helmet.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 2, 2016
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Andy - our crew will be there Sat and Sun.  Could be 6 - 8 of us and feel free to join us.

Sat - we usually meet at 9 AM at the Ballhooter Waffle Cabin for rope drop.  We're open to meet at other areas / times as well.

Plan "A" is to hit the Basin /  Western Terr until "lunchish" time.  We'll assess crowds and may consider Silver Creek for an afternoon session.

Mostly intermediate skiers with a few advanced guys mixed in.

BRIGHT YELLOW jacket, sticker covered black helmet and gray pants. 

If you yell Bird Bird - everyone in our damn group get a laugh! 

Have you tried Elk River Inn and Restaurant?  Very tasty every time we've gone.  

bnzmnzhnz
February 2, 2016
Member since 12/4/2015 🔗
8 posts

I'll be there riding my tiny skiboards (88cm RVL8 Blunts, or 105cm Chickens if it gets icy), short bloke, British accent, say hi. Basin with the kids, Western Territory when they take a break. Thursday's likely to be good old-fashioned East Coast Frozen Granular, but should get some nice snowmaking for Fri and Sat.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.