Kudos to Tline
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
TomH
January 25, 2016 (edited January 25, 2016)
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

Yesterday the day after the big dump they only groomed a small portion of the mountain. It was awesome. That mountain shined as a skiers mountain yesterday. Great job! I guarantee for every skier that complained there were 20 having their best day in years. Keep up the good work and remember how much the SKIERS appreciated what you did. Remember that in the future after big dumps. Wish you had left part of WL bumped instead of grooming all of it. That would be a skiers magnet if you left part of that bumped except when you have races. Thanks again Fred.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Good post!

I'm going to Utah on Jan 27.  It's going to be hard to top what I experienced at T-Line yesterday.  Did we cross paths? Maybe I have a photo of you in my camara and don't know it?

But this photo of my son at Snowbird on Jan 23 shows Mother Nature and mtn management ain't slacking off out there either:

TomH
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

Great pic Jim. I'm one of the tele pack that was there yesterday. We were commenting on lift yesterday if you didn't know where you were I would think I was out west or in Vermont. Also great job by Tline in aggressively open natural cover trails. A lot of resorts would not have done that.

jimmy
January 28, 2016 (edited January 28, 2016)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts

TomH wrote:

Yesterday the day after the big dump they only groomed a small portion of the mountain. It was awesome. That mountain shined as a skiers mountain yesterday. Great job! I guarantee for every skier that complained there were 20 having their best day in years. Keep up the good work and remember how much the SKIERS appreciated what you did. Remember that in the future after big dumps. Wish you had left part of WL bumped instead of grooming all of it. That would be a skiers magnet if you left part of that bumped except when you have races. Thanks again Fred.

Thanks for this post TomH. Best four days in a row I have ever had in the east. I heard about the complaints, i hope some of those folks either took a lesson on skiing deep snow or stuck around for Monday because if you like skiing groomers, that was as good as it gets. It reminded me of Colorado without the altitude, especially after the sun came back out.

I drive past two other downhill ski areas to get to Timberline; this is one of the reasons why.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?