1 post
1 user
1k+ views
nakedskier
August 25, 2015
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
93 posts

Hey all,

I usually keep my professional life off this board because I normally don't like to mix work with fun.  But I think I have finally found a way to integrate the two!  I'm in the Foreign Service community and after 12 years in DC (with a three year stint in Denver for grad school - and skiing), my wife and I are posted to Baku, Azerbaijan!  We arrived in July and are loving it here.  They do have a ski area in Azerbaijan (Shahdag Mountain resort - www.shahdag.az) but from what I gather, most of the skiing is done in Georgia.  You know where to find me this winter!  

I saw Warren Miller's recent email blast about this year's upcoming movie release.  I saw at the end of the email that they're willing to allow people to independently promote and screen their new movie this winter.  I plan on doing that here in Baku.  However, I've never promoted anything.  

I wanted to reach out to the guy at the Ski Club of DC who promotes the annual Warren Miller film for them.  I have a bunch of questions and wanted to try and create a mentor/mentee type relationship for this newbie independent promoter (me).  Does anyone know him?  I met him briefly last year at the film screening but I cannot remember his name.  

I am planning to email the general email inbox at SCWDC as well but I wanted to check here first in case anyone is friends with him and willing to provide an introduction.  

Thanks!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?