5 posts
3 users
3k+ views
wojo
March 22, 2015
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts

How is/was closing day.  I can't make it so I went yesterday

Added one more day to my season total yesterday at Whitetail.  Had a nice time.  Snow was heavy, but consistent in the morning.  Everything was soft as temp was above 32.  Crowds were non existent.  Got to park in the front lot at even with a 9am arrival.  Got a bit more crowded, by lunch but very empty none the less.  All the runs skied great and everything was open but Limelight.  Not a bump skier, but the folks on the bump run looked like they were having fun.  Snow got very sketchy after lunch with some wet spots were you went fast and dry spots where we almost stopped.  Departed ~1pm on day 14 for the season for me and 8 for my son.  Pretty good.  AND I GOT TO SKI WITH A TIGER (hope the picture shows up)

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
March 22, 2015
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Mornings rule these days wojo!  Great report from Whitetail, made even better with the photo.  A fine way to end the season.

Your report made my morning ... thanks for posting.

Woody

rbrtlav
March 22, 2015
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

I had a nice morning. Got there at 8, skied until 11 (25 runs) things were starting to get sticky, but fanciful and snow dancer weren't choppy at all. 

At 11 put the skis in the car and watched the pond skim and grabbed the pass holder lunch before leaving at 1. Great morning in general. Still thinking of roadtripping to 7 springs or snowshoe next weekend, still kinda bummed they are closing liberty with so much base left....

wojo
March 22, 2015
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

I had a nice morning. Got there at 8, skied until 11 (25 runs) things were starting to get sticky, but fanciful and snow dancer weren't choppy at all. 

At 11 put the skis in the car and watched the pond skim and grabbed the pass holder lunch before leaving at 1. Great morning in general. Still thinking of roadtripping to 7 springs or snowshoe next weekend, still kinda bummed they are closing liberty with so much base left....

I think Whitetail and Liberty could survive til next weekend, but there would be even fewer people than this weekend.  Sounds like today was much like yesterday.  I will be looking for the pond skim contest on line shortly.  

rbrtlav
March 22, 2015
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Just to clarify I went to liberty sat 8-1 and whitetail sunday, which is what the above report is for. 

Both places had very little crowds and I can understand from a business reason closing, just from a customer perspective opening one would be a nice gesture to pass holders. It's been a great season, and I'm not gonna make a big fuss about it, I just wish there was a good way to get people to come out in March for years like this year and last where they have snow to go until 4/5 or beyond.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?