Snowshoe was beautiful yesterday!
12 posts
6 users
2k+ views
Mongo
March 17, 2015 (edited March 17, 2015)
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
98 posts

It rained Saturday but was sunny and warm Sunday and Monday. Still very good snow for the time of year. Nice coverage - not many bare or icy patches. Nicest in the morning, more sloppy and sticky in the afternoon. If you have a chance to get there this week, I definitely recommend it.

Lift attendant said they were supposed to get a cold snap and some snow Thursday but I am unsure if that's true.

I mainly did green and blue trails and they all were nicely groomed and maintained as of yesterday. Everything was open as far as I could tell -- though Silver Creek is closed now, of course.

eggraid
March 17, 2015
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

Mongo wrote:

It rained Saturday but was sunny and warm Sunday and Monday. Still very good snow for the time of year. Nice coverage - not many bare or icy patches. Nicest in the morning, more sloppy and sticky in the afternoon. If you have a chance to get there this week, I definitely recommend it.

Lift attendant said they were supposed to get a cold snap and some snow Thursday but I am unsure if that's true.

I mainly did green and blue trails and they all were nicely groomed and maintained as of yesterday. Everything was open as far as I could tell -- though Silver Creek is closed now, of course.

We are going out there for a quick weekend, good to hear that things are doing OK. The snow is still in the forcast, I hope they are right, although it is going to be snowing right in the middle of our drive on early Monday morning from what I can tell.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2015
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

I'm heading down Thu for what appears to be my last ski trip of the season.  HOA meeting on Sat so we'll see if there are any hints of improvements for 2015 - 2016.

Fingers crossed for more SNOW than rain Thu - Sat.  Looks like a mix as of todays forecast. 

Reisen
March 17, 2015
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

Skiing there Sat-Mon, so hoping for good conditions and some fresh!  Would love for people to keep updating this thread with weather forecasts as we get closer.

March 17, 2015
1,580 posts

Reisen wrote:

Skiing there Sat-Mon, so hoping for good conditions and some fresh!  Would love for people to keep updating this thread with weather forecasts as we get closer.

I'll try and give a first hand report Friday.  Plan is to ski until the AM and watch some hoops in the afternoon. 

jimw
March 18, 2015
Member since 02/2/2015 🔗
113 posts

Thanks for the update.  Should be a fun weekend...I"m heading up Thursday also.

They are supposed to have a music feastival...but it's in The Connection...I thought a music feastival should be outside with the pond skimming contest.

skidding
March 19, 2015
Member since 01/24/2010 🔗
44 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

I'm heading down Thu for what appears to be my last ski trip of the season.  HOA meeting on Sat so we'll see if there are any hints of improvements for 2015 - 2016.

Fingers crossed for more SNOW than rain Thu - Sat.  Looks like a mix as of todays forecast. 

Good luck to everyone with the weather.  Blue Don 1982, is your HOA meeting only for your building/condo, or is it a Snowshoe wide/global HOA meeting?  I was just curious how that worked and if there would be a lot of home owners at SS for meetings.  Thanks.

March 19, 2015 (edited March 19, 2015)
1,580 posts

Skidding - I'm attending the Mountain Lodge HOA meeting.  The past 2 years (spring) Frank DeBerry has presented at our meeting but I do not have any official word that he will be there this year.  If he does, I will be happy to report anything of interest.

PS TO ALL - I read on another website that SS actually turned the guns on last night.  That is VERY impressive this late in the season.

eggraid
March 19, 2015
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Skidding - I'm attending the Mountain Lodge HOA meeting.  The past 2 years (spring) Frank DeBerry has presented at our meeting but I do not have any official word that he will be there this year.  If he does, I will be happy to report anything of interest.

PS TO ALL - I read on another website that SS actually turned the guns on last night.  That is VERY impressive this late in the season.

That is very impressive. I hope Friday isn't a complete washout, rainy skiing is not fun. Actually, it's a little fun but not as much fun as skiing when it's not raining.

skidding
March 21, 2015
Member since 01/24/2010 🔗
44 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Thanks, Blue Don.  That is impressive.  What other site posted that information?

March 21, 2015 (edited March 21, 2015)
1,580 posts

I saw it on ski southeast.  I'm here and they have a few snow guns set up around powder monkey and one can see that they blew snow.  THere are afew trees coated with man made snow.

THICK FOG again today.  My place is just across from Ballhooter and I can't see it.

jimw
March 25, 2015
Member since 02/2/2015 🔗
113 posts

IMO, conditions were great until the afternoon.  It would have been nice if that rain turned into snow on Friday though. 

I was suprised when I saw a few snow makers hooked also.  Maybe I can talk the family into spending Easter at Snowshoe!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.