Cool Snowshoe Edit
11 posts
8 users
3k+ views
David
February 27, 2015
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

Did anyone see this edit from Snowshoe last weekend? It's a pretty cool one. I hate that I woke up in the Greenbrier on Sunday rather than close to the slopes somewhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGi1nGGJoTY#t=14

Bumps
February 28, 2015
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts

That's a cool vid. Thinking of going over next Friday! 

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
February 28, 2015
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

super.  i've been way off trail on the western side and always looked up at that long drop from the back of silver creek and and thought what a perfect run with the wrong aspect, so nice to see some footage of it in this video after the 2" mark, adn sure enough that small piece looked just great.  

jimw
March 4, 2015
Member since 02/2/2015 🔗
113 posts

We went this past weekend and the conditions were great Thrusday and Friday.  We had a great time doing some tree runs and on the slopes. 

Did anyone hear or see that bad accident over at Silvercreek on Saturday?  

spam alert...

BTW, our house is available in March in case anyone is looking for a good deal on lodging.

www.vrbo.com/250515  www,vrbo.com/479808

Antoine
March 6, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

Here is an edit from roundtop: It has better cliff hucks but less pow, even hucked the cliff under ramarod lift! http://www.newschoolers.com/watch/759917.0/Pa-Charging----Mike-Urich----Batalla-Skis?c=11&o=10&t=6

FreshPow
March 6, 2015
Member since 01/2/2008 🔗
174 posts

Antoine wrote:

Here is an edit from roundtop:

Nice edit! Way to, um, poach the rocks. ...something I shouldn't be encouraging. ..but Roundtop's not my mountain. ;-) Good pick on Eric Church. Will be catching him at Verizon on Tuesday.

Antoine
March 6, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

He hit the " Death chutes" hahaha. Also a small avy

NonstopSki
March 12, 2015 (edited March 12, 2015)
Member since 12/24/2007 🔗
132 posts

pagamony wrote:

super.  i've been way off trail on the western side and always looked up at that long drop from the back of silver creek and and thought what a perfect run with the wrong aspect, so nice to see some footage of it in this video after the 2" mark, adn sure enough that small piece looked just great.  

The video said "top of silver creek to Cupp Run Lift" - Cupp Run as in Western Territory? How do you actually go about skiing that? That seems impossible/and/or way out of bounds requiring hiking and going over a road? Did they go off the back side of Silver Creek to get there? 

skijw
March 12, 2015
Member since 03/10/2014 🔗
40 posts

NonstopSki wrote:

The video said "top of silver creek to Cupp Run Lift" - Cupp Run as in Western Territory? How do you actually go about skiing that? That seems impossible/and/or way out of bounds requiring hiking and going over a road? Did they go off the back side of Silver Creek to get there? 

I think they meant "Cubb Run Lift".

NonstopSki
March 12, 2015
Member since 12/24/2007 🔗
132 posts

skijw wrote:

NonstopSki wrote:

I think they meant "Cubb Run Lift".

Figured. MAkes more sense. I was going to say, Silver Creek to bottom of Cupp Run would be an epic and/or terrible backcountry route :D

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
March 12, 2015 (edited March 12, 2015)
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

NonstopSki wrote:

pagamony wrote:

The video said "top of silver creek to Cupp Run Lift" - Cupp Run as in Western Territory? How do you actually go about skiing that? That seems impossible/and/or way out of bounds requiring hiking and going over a road?  

yes, that would be correct.  some people like that sort of thing.  

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?