Awesome Weekend at Canaan!!!!
3 posts
3 users
Kris
February 25, 2015
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts

So I have to share.  We were at Canaan Valley on Sunday.  Man, what a day.  I waited in the lift line at most 20 seconds all day.  Either I timed it right every time or people stayed home because of the roads.

There seemed to be about 5" of packed powder on every run.  No ice to speak of.  Off trail there were places that had well over 30" untouched near the top of the Mtn.  I stepped off the trail one time with no Skis on and sank almost to my hips.  Not sure how much snow they got on saturday, but it was nice on Sunday.

Took my 6 yr old with me for his 2nd trip of the seaon.  Let me tell you this....He has one PROUD dad!!!  The last trip we took, it was to Timberline and I got him an hour private lesson.  We stayed on the bunny slope all day long that day.  Well, on Sunday we spent the first half of the day on the bunny slopes and then after lunch, he said...."Dad, why are you keeping me down here?  I want to go to the top."  I wasnt sure he was ready, but I decided to take him up and let him do Timber Trail.  He made it down the whole trail and only fell twice.  Wasnt even plowing the whole way either.....He was making some small turns and going too fast for my comfort level....lol.  They pick up so quick on this stuff....Its amazing.

Ok, I'm done bragging for now....haha

The snow was great, the lines were short, my boy was amazing.  It was a very good trip.

snapdragon
February 25, 2015
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts

That is the typical lift line wait at Canaan on the weekends.  Even shorter during the week. Glad your kid had a great time...we need more like that at Canaan!

eggraid
February 26, 2015
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

Congrats on having a new skier! I know that feeling well, seeing my 3 kids progress is a great feeling. My wife is the worst skier in the family at this point, and it won't be long before they all pass me by as well.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?