5 posts
2 users
2k+ views
wgo
February 12, 2015
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

DCskiers,

I will be at Blue Knob with the family Feb 28 - March 1 (just got the tickets on Liftopia). Give me a holler if you will be there that weekend and would like to take a few turns together.

Also - we will most likely be staying off site, which probably means either Bedford, Claysburg, or Altoona. Does anyone have any recommendations?

nakedskier
February 18, 2015
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
93 posts

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Bedford last weekend for an overnight trip to the Knob.  It was great!  Haven't stayed at a Fairfield Inn recently so I don't know if they all have been remodeled now but the one in Bedford is remodeled and it was a quite pleasant. experience.  They have an indoor pool that was open until 10 (I think).  Breakfast is included and was quite tasty.  I was expecting the crappy carbo load that I typically see at those highway places but this had a nice spread of biscuits and gravy, waffles, ceral, yogurt, oatmeal, the works!  

wgo
February 18, 2015
1,666 posts

Thanks - did see that as one of the options. We will be staying at the Travel lodge over night on Friday (on our way up to Blue Knob) and then at one of the Blue Knob condos on Saturday night.

wgo
February 26, 2015
1,666 posts

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Is there a backcountry way to get from the Blue Knob trails back to tha Alpine Village? I may want to keep skiing while my wife takes the kids back to the condo and it would be nice if I could ski back.

wgo
February 26, 2015
1,666 posts

Should mention - I am not looking for anyone to give away any highly prized secrets. I hope I am not stepping over the line by asking if there is a route that is familiar to those in the know.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.